Author Topic: Primer Availability?  (Read 515 times)

Offline SM Bob

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Primer Availability?
« on: March 10, 2009, 03:21:57 PM »
Does anyone have any inside information, or hell, even a wild ass guess, for that matter as to when
Winchester or CCI small pistol, small rifle, large pistol, & large rifle primers will be available again?
Please don't tell me that the store around the corner from you had a box last week because
nobody, and I mean nobody, within 100 miles of me has any what so ever. And nobody has a clue
when they will be getting any in stock again. Same goes for any any online sources as well. >:(
It's starting to piss me off.

Robert

Offline GameHauler

• Trade Count: (49)
  • A Real Regular
  • Thank you Every One for Positive Feedback
Re: Primer Availability?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 03:44:34 PM »
Well my friend,
You are only about 6 months or years behind on stocking up :-\
I also wish I had more but thats the way it is
and I suspect it it will be for awhile.
I will say that I am REALLY starting to feel that the manufactures
are playing games with us :-\
Can you say PRICE GOUGING :(
I hope I am wrong :-\
Mike

Offline SM Bob

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 04:35:07 PM »
Well my friend,
You are only about 6 months or years behind on stocking up :-\
I also wish I had more but thats the way it is
and I suspect it it will be for awhile.
I will say that I am REALLY starting to feel that the manufactures
are playing games with us :-\
Can you say PRICE GOUGING :(
I hope I am wrong :-\

Yea GameHauler, it pretty much sucks being me right now. ;D I do have a small amount on hand,
but like you, I wish I had more. I hope too that you are wrong about the ammo companies messing
with us. In my opinion it is getting harder to believe that though.

Robert

Offline beerbelly

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 02:03:22 AM »
I was in my local sporting goods store yesterday and the shelves were full of primers. Last week they were mostly empty. So he obviously got in a supply. Hopefully they are beginning to catch up.
                           Beerbelly

Offline tony212

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 02:26:41 AM »
I haven't been able to find anything, either in stores or on the internet.  Luckily I still have some, but my supply is starting to run out.  Ammunition seems to be the same way. .223, shotgun ammo, 9mm, 45ACP, all out of stock.
Tony212

Offline lastchanc54

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 05:10:47 AM »
We have the same problem in my area, everthing is wiped out as soon as it comes in! part of the problem may be labled as OBAMA PANIC. I have heard of people breaking shopping carts by putting so much ammo in them-this was when it was confirmed that our new president was being elected. Now when a shipment of primers, powder or ammo comes in, it is usually gone in one day! Wal Mart gets cases of pistol ammo and it us usally gone on one to two days (according to the manager).
What I have started doing is calling my freinds from the gun club and letting them know when I find something in stock. Some of us even carry a list of things our friends want and buy for them when we are looking to see what is left. The Sportsmans Warehouse is barren and they do not know what they will get or when. Out of six gun shops, I barely manage to keep some supplies in stock so I can plink.
The SOULUTION I am finding is to find a gun shop owner who will order what you need. I found one and he can get me primers as long as I place the order well in advance and not get in a panic. Panic buying may be a big contributer to the shortages, and the war, and and and  :-\   Good luck

Offline mantley

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 12:03:03 PM »
Wideners had Wolf small rifle primers yesterday and today they had small magnum rifle primers.  I think they started out with 500,000 each day.  I bought 10,000 yesterday and 10,000 today - I have never used them but I figure some spark is better that no spark.  They were selling so fast you could hit the refresh button on the browser and watch them go down.  They were sold out around 4pm EST.  I have been looking for weeks to buy primers - I was shopping online on Grafs site last week and had 10,000 magnum large rifle primers in my cart and went to buy some powder and bullets and by the time I checked out the primers were gone and zeroed out my primer order.