Author Topic: is the 38spl good enough??  (Read 4843 times)

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: is the 38spl good enough??
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2009, 03:54:40 PM »
I was also thinking if I got the .357 snubnose, I'll be a needin a .357 rifle to go along with it. ;D

my  357 mag 640 smith is in my front pocket always

many pants are  worn through  tho
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline John R.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2009, 02:12:42 AM »
I like the little j-frame smiths. I've had a half dozen or so over the years. My current inventory consists of a model 60, and I picked up a Model 38 airweight bodyguard the other day. I bought it from an 83 year old lady, whose husband carried it in his front pocket for years. He bought it new in 1961. He owned his own business and persuaded 2 different people, it wasn't a good idea to try and rob him, one permanetly. When I got the gun it was still loaded with 158 gr rn.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2009, 04:26:32 AM »
lrs, started with a sig to big , then a Colt officers ,,to big and heavy , then a mod 19 with night sights and comp. to heavy and wide , then a mod 38 airweight NICE ! all was good easy to slip from pocket when going where the gun was not allowed , easy draw etc. all was good , well that was until the 340 pd came out ! thenall was not well until i traded and got one . At 12 ozs its almost not there ! I carry 357mag. 125 gr jhp . I use a Backwoods pocket holster that the maker adds a hard plastic cover on the outside to keep it from printing .
I got to try a load of guns and holsters while shooting IDPA and to be honest most work with a cover garmet . BUT in spring and summer or working the pocket carry has proven the best for me .
If you use it , when driving its a good idea to have a second car gun or slip the j frame out of your pocket as you get in . Its a slow draw from the pants pocket with a seat belt on . Its a habit thats easy to learn.

AND YES THAT 340 KICKS LIKE A SUCK EYED MULE !
But then its worst on the other end , not a bad thing !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline lrs

• A Real Regular
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2009, 05:06:01 AM »
This is what I decided to go with. 
Picked up a 638 Airweight yesterday. 
Taking into account the size, weight, and available firepower it offers, I felt it was the best option for me.

" we are screwed "

Offline jlwilliams

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2009, 01:38:26 AM »
Good choise.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2009, 04:29:00 AM »
I was also thinking if I got the .357 snubnose, I'll be a needin a .357 rifle to go along with it. ;D

another good point.....great point
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2009, 03:27:38 AM »
you will be happy , get a well made ( leather ) pocket holster and you might consider SS grips as they are wood and do not drag on cloth when you draw . They are also thinner and print less .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !