Author Topic: Pardner Pump 18" sights?  (Read 735 times)

Offline RackWrangler

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Pardner Pump 18" sights?
« on: March 14, 2009, 08:47:05 AM »
Hello All,

I just received my PP back from Marlin with it's new 18" barrel.  BTW they changed the price from $63 to $89. 

I happy with the barrel, but I believe I will need to get a different front sight because the bead sits below the plane of the receiver.  I wonder if that is because the new barrel is not ribbed. 

Has anyone else got the 18" barrel?  If so, what size bead do you have?  Are there any other front sights being used on this barrel. 

I thought about rifle sights, but I don't want to put the rear sight on my receiver since I still use the facroty 28" barrel for winged advasaries.

Has anyone added rifle sights to these barrels?

I've read the FAQ's, but I'm wondering specifically about the pump 18" barrel.  I'm concerned about the drop in height from the chamber to the end of the barrel causing the gun to shoot high.   Could this barrel be drilled and tapped?  What about raising the front sight?  Any other ideas?

I plan on using this as my truck gun.  The perfect utility weapon.  Slugs, buckshot, or birdshot will work for anything that can be shot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
RW

Here's a pic with the old barrel next to the gun with folding stock and 18" barrel.
:lol: Life's too short to not enjoy every minute :lol:

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: Pardner Pump 18" sights?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 09:27:46 AM »
The front bead from a Tamer or Pardner 410 is taller than a standard bead.  That might be all you need to do.

I didn't know you had to send off the PP to get a barrel installed.  I thought you could just order the barrrel and they would ship it out to you??  When did that change??

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline RackWrangler

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 03:05:44 PM »
Thanks Cookie,

I'll have to check out the taller bead from the 410.

I don't know when (or if) it changed, but when I was getting ready to send in my Handi for a 223 barrel I called Customer Service and they told me that I needed to send it the whole gun.  I asked again and tried to clarify that it was a Pardner Pump, not a single shot.  They again stated that I needed to send in the whole gun (minus the barrel), so that is what I did.

Anyone tried to add on rifle sights to the barrel only?

RW
:lol: Life's too short to not enjoy every minute :lol:

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 02:35:15 AM »
I've heard an 870 barrel can be made to work.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~