Author Topic: walther ppks problems  (Read 1460 times)

Offline 1marty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
walther ppks problems
« on: March 16, 2009, 03:18:15 PM »
bought a PPKS in October 2008. After about 500 rounds the slide jammed shut after decocking it. I returned it to S&W in January 2009. After 2 months I contacted them and they have no idea when they'll return it to me. Seems mine was also one of the recall guns. In looking at their website it appears every PPKS S&W made is being recalled for saftey issues. This weekend I'm going out to buy the Bersa 380 which I was going to buy in the first place. When the PPKS comes back I'll put it up for sale.
I also looked at the CZ 83-has anyone had any experience with it?

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
Re: walther ppks problems
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 03:51:37 PM »
i have a couple of the cz82 in 9mm makarov the only difference in the cz83 is the caliber they are very fine pistols. slick, smooth, great triggers,accurate,reliable.The 82 is available for 159 at the wholesalers they are chez army surplus.centerfire, s.o.g. J&G surplus
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline kix

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 05:58:59 PM »
1marty.  Hello. My cousin bought a Walther PPKS and experienced nothing but jams. Since it was brand new he took it back and traded for another pistol-the Bersa .380. 5000+ rds. and it has yet to jam even with filthy.When I got my Texas CCW license it was a no-brainer;a Bersa CC was my gun.500 rds. and no jams. I know this was little off your question but I just wanted to let you know that your decision about a Bersa was a wise one.  Kix

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 11:07:12 PM »
HUMMMM, Never had that kind of problem with mine. It wouldn't shoo HP's at first but loosened up after a bit.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline bluecow

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 03:02:31 AM »
know im kicking a sleepin bear but; should have got a makarov:) a friend got his wife the bersa, liked it so much got one for himslef for summer carry.
Everything before BUT is B.S.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 06:24:50 AM »
Not to cloud the issue but i have a cousin to the PPK it's the Sig P230 and I like it very much.
I really wanted a Walther PPK/s but it would not work in the holster I wanted to use and the Sig would.  I wanted to use a fanny pack as I was going to be on a bike, the pedal kind.  So I bought the P230 and it has been a great gun with no problems.   It will fit in any of the leather designed for the PP, PPK/s or the PPK.
I was all excited when the P232 was announced and thought it was going to have a dovetailed front sight, and was excited about the idea of nite sights on a small carry gun.  It did not.  but there are very few changes in the 230 to the 232 and one could be the right answer to your question of what 380 to get.

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 02:17:52 PM »
Gander Mountain has the Bersa for $300-I've had it with the PPKS. Besides the gun failing, when I contacted S&W they couldn't even give me an approximate date when it will be fixed. I'll probably just put it up for sale when and if I ever get it back-hopefully this year.