Author Topic: loading mode  (Read 397 times)

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
loading mode
« on: March 19, 2009, 01:51:36 PM »
last two days ive loaded @2300 round of 223. I went through a 8 lb keg of 844 and thats about the round count it works out too. Allreayd had about 5k loaded so im set for a while for 223. tommarow i start on the .308 Ive got a dpms ar10 comming and about 2000 rounds of brass to load for that. then i have to start on two 5 gallon pails of 45acp brass. Ive got about half the bullets for that casted and sized allready but need to finish the casting first. Summers comming boys!
blue lives matter

Offline GameHauler

• Trade Count: (49)
  • A Real Regular
  • Thank you Every One for Positive Feedback
Re: loading mode
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 02:18:26 PM »
last two days ive loaded @2300 round of 223. I went through a 8 lb keg of 844 and thats about the round count it works out too. Allreayd had about 5k loaded so im set for a while for 223. tommarow i start on the .308 Ive got a dpms ar10 comming and about 2000 rounds of brass to load for that. then i have to start on two 5 gallon pails of 45acp brass. Ive got about half the bullets for that casted and sized allready but need to finish the casting first. Summers comming boys!

Summer ::)
OK ;)
Good shooting :)
Mike

Offline KAYR1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 03:04:31 PM »
Just curious...What do you use to store your loaded ammo when you load in that volume? Plastic totes, bins, ammo cans?  I tinker with loads, but I do load a lot when I find one my gun likes.  Thanks!

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 03:36:17 PM »
Just curious...What do you use to store your loaded ammo when you load in that volume? Plastic totes, bins, ammo cans?  I tinker with loads, but I do load a lot when I find one my gun likes.  Thanks!

I do not know what Loyd does, but I use army ammo cans. Specifically 30 and 50 cal cans.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Glanceblamm

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 12:52:22 AM »
That really is impressive Lloyd!...I did have to grin knowing that you ran through 8lbs of powder in two days!

Would you have any luck in getting that old girl friend a.k.a New Wife to be working on the two buckets of .45acp brass for you while you work on the .308?

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 01:46:30 AM »
I store ammo three ways. If im going to shoot it within a year i store it in ammo cans but they gotten so expensive that ive switched to putting it in empty 3lb plastic coffee cans. I have a bunch of people that save them for me and they work great for ammo or for storing cast bullets. I also keep a quanity of ammo for shtf situations. It is stored for the long term and what i do with that is vaccum pack it about 250 rounds to the pack.
blue lives matter