Author Topic: Need the help of other eyes and ears for AR parts  (Read 704 times)

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
Need the help of other eyes and ears for AR parts
« on: March 20, 2009, 04:12:36 PM »
Ok boys and girls ... I'm in the process of a AR build ... Been keeping my feelers out there .. Still needing a barrel though guys ... Any one have any leads on barrels that are in stock at the moment ?

I wouldnt be opossed to a complete upper as long as they arent asking what you could buy a whole AR for 6 months ago HeH

I'm wanting    #1 a medium contour dissapator    #2 a mid-length     #3 a CAR  .. Light to medium diameter , trying to get something laid out lighter then my 20" H-Bar colt for the missus ..So I'm staying away from heavy and bulls in the 16" realm

Any help is appreciated guys ,

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline Bornsouthern34

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Need the help of other eyes and ears for AR parts
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 04:39:03 PM »
Gunbroker, if you have lots of cash....LOL

Have you looked at Cheaper Than Dirt. They have some parts, perhaps in stock. Good luck though, I have seen the price of my AR-10 increase by 75% in the last 6 months. Everything is scarce.
"Common Sense IS NOT An Inherited Trait"

JT

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 06:54:50 AM »
Born ,

I hear you on the 308 AR style rifles ... I had the AP4 LR-308 from DPMS  , after work handed us our layoff papers .. unemployment benefits were taking their sweet ass time .. So i choose to let the LR-308 go to a new home, made $400 more then i paid and that was a friend price .. seems every other listed DPMS 308 out there is going from $700 to $1000 more then they did 6 months ago ...  And magazines for that rifle ??  YEAH RIGHT ! Havent seen them in stock anywhere since late Oct. 08 .. Thats another reason that was the rifle i parted with instead of any other of assorted arms in the collection ...

Blut,
    Thanks for the link .. I have ASA on my favorites , just havent called to see if that is in stock yet... I know i have atleast 7 or more AR parts suppliers that list them and do not display them as being out of stock when they are .. ASA is one of the ones im still needing to contact on those barrels listed..

As far as GUNBROKER or another auction site goes the only upper i have found that caught my eye was a 6x45 upper with dies for under $400 .. Just dont know if i want to commit half or more of my 223/556 brass to becoming 6mm 223/556 brass for that upper but that cartridge has been atractive to me for some time.
 Otherwise the auctioners are way to over priced to consider..

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

Offline Arier Blut

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 08:18:12 PM »
Default, the 6.8 is quite a bit faster and has more energy than the tcu. I use one for big game and varmints. The mags are reasonable as well. Not as friendly on the wallet as a 5.56, but not as bad as most.
Blessings
http://www.44mag.com/products.asp?dept=1329

Offline backstrap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 10:15:12 AM »
Good luck on finding what u are looking for.here about a mounth ago i was calling and looking all over for barrels or a complete upper and couldnt find any because there where gitting used for complete rifles. try model1sales.com they had some mid length 16" complete uppers on hand at 1 time but i dont know about now they where 362.00
1 shot 1 kill

Offline backstrap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 10:16:14 AM »
1 shot 1 kill

Offline Bornsouthern34

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 03:46:46 PM »
Default,

Let me know if you switch. I would love to have the brass (and so would everyone else). Perhaps a trade? Looks like I am heir to at least 4 AR-15 's right now. That's why I bought the AR-10. Something different. I do love to shoot it though and you just can't go to the range and pick up spent casings any more if you know what I mean.

JT

Offline Bornsouthern34

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 03:48:28 PM »
Also, saw a Bushmaster flat-top yesterday. $1199. I about crapped myself. I remember when my uncle bought his for less than $600. Is there any end in sight?

JT

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 04:09:27 PM »
Yeah Born ,

Kinda getting ridiculous out there... And my pop called today to ask me to keep my eyes open for him a 20 or 24" bull barrel for his new varminter AR project hehehe

Yeeeahhh sometimes it isnt easy being the "GoTo" son for gun stuff ;)

Thanks for the locations guys .. No luck as of yet though ,

Offline Bornsouthern34

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 05:08:24 PM »
Default,

Try this guy on Gunbroker. He has had a lot of high demand stuff in the past. I almost purchased a surpressor from him a bit back. Located in Tucker, Ga (East side of Atlanta)

ton80 is his seller name.

JT

Offline Bornsouthern34

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 05:11:17 PM »
Default,

I hear ya on being the go to guy for the old man. I am working a swap from him as I write. Savage 110, wood stock in 7mm in exchange for a Llama 380. If I had known it was going to cost this much for him raising me, I would have left at 14. LOL

Good luck on the upper.

JT