Author Topic: AR Lower Build  (Read 365 times)

Offline darrell8937

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
AR Lower Build
« on: March 21, 2009, 10:36:01 AM »
Built my lower today, minus the stock and take down pin since it requires the stock /buffer assembly. I enjoyed it and look forward to more parts arriving in the Mail. Part on back order etc. Anyone building a ar15 today knows what I am talking about. The only problem I had was with the bolt catch pin. I was difficult to get it in. Had punches but not a roll pin punch. pin about 80% threw. holds just fine and wont be a problem except I know it is not perfect. Might get another pin and proper punch and try again. I made my own tool to install the pivot pin/detent/spring. Used a 1/4 in allumnium rod. about 5 inches long. Filed one end to a near perfect 90 degrees. Drilled  a hole just big enough to allow the spring and detent to pass thru. Pushed them thru, rotated the pin 90 degrees and carefully followed the pin, did it on second try. Worked great. And I didn't have to buy the little tool. Every thing else,, smooth as silk... :D :D :D Until she is up and ready, my ar180b protects the house. This rifle gets better with every round. Extraction is now 100 percent with 200 rounds today. winchester q3131. sweet.. Had problems at first due to tight chamber but it getting better, much better..Oh yeah. Rock river lower, rock River LPK, A2 upper, (cerro Forge) Barrell on order, A2 Standard, A2 Stock on Order, Bolt assembley still looking for. Will have to waite, Smoky got me for no State Inspection, on my truck. He was not happy with the rifle parts I had on the seat. He got over it. Ticket- 135$$$  boo---hooo