Author Topic: bersa 380  (Read 1731 times)

Offline billy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
bersa 380
« on: March 28, 2009, 02:19:48 AM »
Anyone have one ,how you like it ?I got one on layaway ,felt good to me seems like a lot of people carry this little pstol.
I enjoy collecting guns, swaping and staying up on all the newest models. I deer, quail, squirrel and rabbit hunt.

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
Re: bersa 380
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 03:06:16 AM »
Anyone have one ,how you like it ?I got one on layaway ,felt good to me seems like a lot of people carry this little pstol.

Assuming your talking the Thunder 380, my wife has one, along with a friend of mine.  His wife has the CC model.

They do feel good, easy to shoot.  I liked it, and would have got one too, except I got a deal on an NAA 380.

It will have a feed issue IF you limp wrist it, but I think that goes for most light semi-autos.

Very easy to conceal.

You'll be pleased.

Offline kix

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 03:45:36 PM »
  Excellent pistol,I have the CC model.   Kix

Offline GH1

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 11:49:34 AM »
I just picked one up for my wife, unfortunately I've yet to fire it.  I'm planning on going to the range sunday.
GH1 :)
I owe my life to an organ donor

Offline ncsurveyor

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 04:11:21 PM »
I just picked one up for my wife, unfortunately I've yet to fire it.  I'm planning on going to the range sunday.

You actually found ammo?

Offline jw83

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 05:02:39 PM »
My dad picked one up lightly used last week. I thought it shot great and felt good. We shot 13 rounds in it and something in the trigger broke. You could not fire it single action or double action. He is going to take it back to get it fixed. Don't know if this is isolated problem or not.

Offline GH1

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 12:44:16 AM »

You actually found ammo?

Yes!  The shop I bought it from sold me 50 rounds & then yesterday I picked up another 100 rounds of reloads from a local range.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any .38 or .357, but I have some on order.  Hopefully they'll be in by tomorrow.

Offline GH1

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 01:45:31 AM »
I put about 50 rounds through the Bersa yesterday & it shot reliably & accurately, even with reloads.   Ver nice little weapon.

Offline Ahshucks

• Accountant:  Serving clients that profit from our services!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 03:27:23 PM »
I have the plus and went to the range for the first time this past Sunday.  Don't know for sure if it is me, but the POI seems to be below the front bead.  No way to adjust it, perhaps I can tune some reloads to bring it back up, or my Buffalo Bore's on order might elevate the hits some? 
Banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered - - Thomas Jefferson 1802

Offline GH1

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 01:59:51 AM »
You know, mine shot low as well, but I thought it was just me anticipating recoil.

Offline Lone spur

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 07:55:55 AM »
Bought one for my wife about a year and a half ago. We both really enjoy it. However, ours shot low as well, 4" low at 25yrds. I got on Bersatalk.com in January and was directed to Colorado Gun Works, who apparently does the warrenty work for Bersa. I believe they had it for 7 weeks (not a big deal since I didn't have to pay). When Igot it back they sent a target that had the X shot up and it was noted that the group was shot with Mag-Tec ammo. There was no invoice or explination of what had been done to the gun. I have since range tested the gun and find it still shoots about 2.5" low.
For the record, I have always used a "Dead-On" site picture, as recommended on BersaTalk.com. Also, I make no clams to being a pistol shooting expert, my ablity with other handguns makes me confident that the problem is not with me.
I'm not writing this to get down on the Bersa guns (I'd buy another with out a second thought) it's just my experiece.
My friends have always been there for me. They encourage me to make new mistakes instead of the same old ones.

Offline Savage

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 10:47:08 AM »
File the front sight down till you get the elevation you want,=-------------assuming of course it has a front sight. I'm not that familiar with Bersa.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Lone spur

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 12:53:22 PM »
The Bersa does have a front sight but the problem with filing on it is the sights use a 3 dot system. I'm already shooting with the center (front) dot on the bull so the plane of the sights are already well above.
Good thought though. I have done that before with my M6 Scout 22LR/410 O/U.
My friends have always been there for me. They encourage me to make new mistakes instead of the same old ones.

Offline ncsurveyor

• A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 01:01:13 PM »
If someone had a mini mill and could make some taller dovetailed rear sights that the two dot blade would fit into, they'd have a market.

Offline Savage

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2009, 01:42:54 PM »
Taller rear sight is is then!  Or you could still file that front sight down till it's on and leave it black, or paint it a high contrast color. I don't care for dot sights, personal preference of course.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline ncsurveyor

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 01:46:29 PM »
Taller rear sight is is then! .......
Savage

Come to think of it, that blade in the rear sight is removable isn't it?  0.045" I think.

I piece of thin stock steel and a dremel and anyone's in business here.

Offline oldhunter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 01:15:57 AM »
Owned an older model #383 for many years until I gave it to my son a few years ago.  Quite reliable and accurate but a little heavy compared to the Kel-Tec that replaced it.  Shot most types of ammo well.

oldhunter

Offline XD9

• Contributor
  • Match Grade Makes A Difference!
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009, 07:06:15 AM »
I owned one for a few years and then traded it in for a Kel-Tec PF9.  I really like the PF9 but wish I still had the Bersa too.  It was a very reliable gun and I shot several different types of ammo through it.  Pretty accurate too if I did my part.
I'm an accountant and I carry a gun...'nuff said