Author Topic: Brandishing  (Read 671 times)

Offline GH1

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Brandishing
« on: March 29, 2009, 11:56:52 PM »
Has anyone here ever been in a situation where they were threatened enough to have to pull their weapon? If so, what happened?
GH1 :)
I owe my life to an organ donor

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Brandishing
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 04:20:14 AM »
the bad guys run away . 4 of us were working in a store at midnight . the store was in a bad part of town . About 16 gang members came in and started telling us what they were going to do to us etc. . We were digging to locate a pipe in the floor and were about 4 foot in the ground fox hole . The store was being rebuilt so the room was empty . When they started toward us we  drew weapons -2 Colt 45's and a Ruger 45 . They withdrew and we went back to work.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 05:43:22 AM »
Interesting question in the sense that when pro gun / anti gun folks start throwning statistics around to support their side of the argument, how can this be factored in?  How many serious crimes never happened because someone let it be known they were carrying a weapon?  Most people, when in a situation they feel the need to display a weapon never report it, out of fear of arrest or hassles from the police, they just go on their way..  I have been a LEO for a long time, and in my opinion, it happens all the time, and a whole lot of potentially serious crime never takes place because of it, or at least takes place against some other unfortunate person who is not carrying a means of self defence...

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 06:09:06 AM »
Happened to me once. I was hiking with the wife in the high country when three guys approached in an old 4WD pickup. My wife was a rather well endowed young lady and the pack straps pulled her shirt tight, accentuating her assets. The truck jerked to a halt and I saw one guy mouth an obscenity as he opened the door and started to get out. I just pivoted slightly to give him a clear view of the rifle hanging from my pack frame. He froze right there with one foot half way to the ground. After a few seconds he pulled his foot back in, put a smile on his face and began discussing the weather. ;D
  It was only a .218 Bee I had brought along for marmot hunting but it served another purpose that time.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 06:38:18 AM »
bigeasy i would guess it happens more than shooting ,
If ya can see it ya can hit it !