Author Topic: AUG gun  (Read 973 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
AUG gun
« on: April 02, 2009, 09:49:57 AM »
i saw a AUG Bull Pup Rifle at the gun shop the other day and man is that a short gun. I know Microtech Small Arms Research makes a new one but do you think this gun is better than a m16? it OVERALL LENGTH is only 27'' with a 16' barrel and it's comes only in Semi-Automatic.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Tunaman

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
Re: AUG gun
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 03:29:17 PM »
Better for what?

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 11:25:54 AM »
oh, sorry better overall and for a home gun then the m16/ar15. the new AUG has rails. the AUG to me has the feel of a 30 Carbine. light, handy,are easy to carry.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 06:42:17 AM »
It also has on average about $50 a mag prices too... Not including the initial $1700-2000 price tag on the rifle .... Buddy's shop is getting two in and i was thinking bout trading into one till i found what the AUG style mags retail for ...

If it had utilized the AR mags then that would have been a done deal ...

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 10:55:47 AM »
yes, that is true, it seem like all guns that are not from the US(besides the AK-47) are hard to find or have a high cost for one.

Offline Arier Blut

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 08:07:12 PM »
http://www.tpdusa.com/products.php?cat=5
I have an axr they use an ar magazine. Mine actually came with magpul p-mags.  Accuracy is not any better than an m-4 style, not any worse. Dependability wise, I don't know neither have broken on me. The aug can be neglected a bit more between cleanings. But I would bet the parts and availability would be scarce if it did break.

I like the AUG better than the ar for CQC, but really can't say it is better. Just a shorter package than an m-4. As for better than the AR IMHO I believe the nod would go to the fs2000.
http://www.fnhusa.com/le/products/firearms/model.asp?fid=FNF011&gid=FNG006&mid=FNM0138
This is more accurate than both the aug and m-4. It rivals my bull barrel upper on the ar. The spent brass comes out the front so lefties can get along with it as well. Accepts ar mags. Again there may be a parts issue as well if it breaks.

Offline Default

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 05:47:17 AM »
Arier ,

Hadnt heard of AXR before ... I was thinking of the MSAR Aug style rifle when i read the post , but that is one to consider ...

Do you own one of the AXR rifles or a traditional AUG rifle ?

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States when men were free." ~Ronald Reagan

THE QUICKEST WAY TO ENSLAVE A PEOPLE IS TO DISARM THEM ~ George Mason

Offline Arier Blut

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2009, 08:33:55 PM »
No sir no AUG, Daddy Bush banned them about 2 months before I had enough saved up, then the prices went through the roof. GSI picked them up right before the Clinton Ban, but I was no where near affording them at that time nor after the ban.
I do have an AXR. The only differences between the two is the mag and receiver, AXR Forged, MSAR Cast. Either would be strong enough for the 223. Forged is a little stronger though. MSAR was supposed to come out with a kit to convert to ar mags and offer new models that accepted them factory. I got tired of waiting, lost interest then ran into an AXR at the local shop and it followed me home, almost 18 years after I decided to get an AUG.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 11:53:20 AM »
i hate that Bush banned all those fun guns. And they called him pro gun ::) yeah.

Offline Arier Blut

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 01:56:57 PM »
I don't like to get into politics to much because everyone has their own view. IMHO Papa Bush didn't have the stones that Little Bush had. He was caught up in the NWO rhetoric being preached by the European powers. A new world order cannot take place with a well armed militia. Thankfully he was stone walled by the Reagan conservatives of the time. He had quite a few plans with the other Evil Black Rifles that made Clinton's ban look conservative. Oh well the Obamanator most likely has something up his sleeve as well. Nothing new just seems to ebb and flow with different Presidents.

Offline Pvt.Joker

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 10:47:13 AM »
For what it's worth, the NEW Steyr AUG that is being sold here IS made in the USA, by SABRE Defence in Nashville, TN.  Not sure if the new ones use AR mags this time around or not, though.  But they are now a domestically made firearm.

Offline Chappers

• Avid Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 02:00:26 PM »
Jamaldog87 i would say go with the AUG. They are a tried and tested battle rifle for over 20 years.
Arier Blut the SA1 can be used by lefties, it requires changing to bolt head and opening the left hand ejection hole .  looking at the fs2000 i think (have not seen one this is just what i can pick up while looking at it ) would be a not as comfy to shoot than the SA1 with bull pups most of the weight is at your shoulder and with front grip down you can pull the rifle towards you, it looking like you cant do this as well with the front grip of the fs2000.

Being in a country that you can only use this rifle while you are in your salads, i cant say how envious i am to someone that has the chance to own one.

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 03:28:07 PM »
The bull pup designed rifles are neat.
But for my $ i would like to stay with the AR.
The AR is a little cheaper leaving more $ for ammo and actually shooting the rifle
the AR can presto chango into other duties by swaping out the upper.
     One minute it is a long range varmint rifle In either 204 ruger, 223 rem, or 6X45 (AKA 6mm Saw)
     the next it is a 16" tactical for three gun with every bell and whistle on it, or not.
     the next it is a target 20" for Military target
     the next it is a 6.8 or 30 remington for deer hunting
     the next it is a 9mm upper for around the house.
     Bang, flop, swap and it is now a 22LR conversion kit for cheap shooting at the range for trigger control or a day in the pecan grove for tree rats.
     Mounting optics is easy and cheap with the flat top and even fixed cary handle models can get a screw in 4X scope.  Mine gets one for bowling pin shoots.
The AR takes AR mags that are everywhere.  Yes the new 2000 does too and after a certain point all NATO adopted rifles were to take it as well.
the other cool thing about the AR is you can shoot it either hand.
the bull pup, unless it craps out the bottom like the little FN, not sure about the 2000, if dumps brass out the bottom, it will hit you with hot brass on your weak cheek and clog up the gun.  I know the Styer Aug will eject out either side but you have to set it to do it and it is not a quick flip from the one time I shot one almost 20 years ago. 
And yes there have been a few time in 3 gun matches and hunting when a left hand shot was the most stable position. 
Freaks out my friends when I grab the rifle and plink left handed for a while.  You never get better doing it un less you do it.
I remember the three major bull pups of the time the french Famas, the english enfield, and the Styer aug of the mid to late 80 were a little butt heavy with ammo in them.  the only assest I see them having is if you were mounted in an armored vehicle and the short compact rifle did not need to be extended in any way once out side of the vehicle.  You would just run your 10 yards and flop down.  but with the mag that far back something other than the American butt flop is needed or you can bend mags.  (I forget what they really call it but it is the teknique for getting prone on the battle field where you use the butt of the rifle to break your fall and then roll left or right and get into firing position)  nothing worse than a bent mag, unless it is a bent mag that is full of ammo.  But that is another discussion as to what is the best over all battle rifle and why.
Don't get me wrong.  If someone hands me one, and I need it for something I would not heasitate to use a bull pup designed rifle.
The WOW factor at the range in another apeal to other people.  Not many have them.  Loads of people have the AR.  And you are kind of unique on the range.
but each AR can be customized to fit your need, want, or task.  As there are well over 20,000 parts made just for the AR.

Offline S.S.

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 01:55:30 PM »
Jamaldog87 i would say go with the AUG. They are a tried and tested battle rifle for over 20 years.
Arier Blut the SA1 can be used by lefties, it requires changing to bolt head and opening the left hand ejection hole .  looking at the fs2000 i think (have not seen one this is just what i can pick up while looking at it ) would be a not as comfy to shoot than the SA1 with bull pups most of the weight is at your shoulder and with front grip down you can pull the rifle towards you, it looking like you cant do this as well with the front grip of the fs2000.

Being in a country that you can only use this rifle while you are in your salads, i cant say how envious i am to someone that has the chance to own one.

Give the idiot we now have in the Whitehouse a chance, He is plotting to take them from us. At a time when we
have a war brewing on our southern border too!
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".