Author Topic: Walther PPS 40 and S&W M&PC 9mm review  (Read 912 times)

Offline ccoker

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • www.tacticalgunreview.com
Walther PPS 40 and S&W M&PC 9mm review
« on: April 03, 2009, 05:25:07 PM »
just picked up two new pistols, a PPS 40 for me and concealed carry, I was attracted to it for the thinness, caliber and (hopeful) quality build.

the M&Pc 9mm is for my wife who probably won't ever truly carry and has only shot once
hopefully I can get her into it and at least be more prepared.

PPS 40 performed flawlessly
I always clean and lube a new gun of course and on the PPS I worked the slide a few hundred times as well as the trigger
also polished the feedramp a little bit

150rds of Speer Lawman 180 and 50 of Speer Gold Dot 180
zero problems
it uses the "euro" 3 dot sight in where instead of a 6 o'clock "bullseye" hold you cover the target with the dot, not ideal for tiny groups but good for defensive use..... at 15 yards I was getting fist sized groups
not bad.....
I was shooting with the 6rd mag that has a pinky extension and found it to be easier to shoot, less felt recoil or snap than the Glock 27 I had (used with a pearce grip ext) I was a Lot more accurate the PPS than I was with the Kahr P9 I had a few years ago

would I give it to a beginner to shoot?
no..
not in 40 for sure

my wife's M&P was a little tack driver just chewing up a big 2" hole at 15 yards firing very fast burning through 200 rounds of ammo (WWB 115g)
I bought 2 boxes of Speer 124g +P gold dot shortbarrel and had a few feeding issues with them
the WWB no issues
may polish the feedramp some and fire another 100 or so rounds of FMJ and then try again

I think she will like it and I am going to let my neighbor shoot iit