Author Topic: Hate to open this can of worms  (Read 2943 times)

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Hate to open this can of worms
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2009, 04:41:12 AM »
i have those also but the drag created seemed to slow down my draw . I have a holster made local ( Backwoods leather ) that sticks in the pocket , mine has a hard plastic shield to keep from printing on the out side . anyway the CT grip seems like a good idea except it also gives away the shooters position and uses battrys .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2009, 04:45:04 AM »
As to the original question:     Some popcorn and a couple of old Rambo movies.  That way no one gets hurt, and you don't go to jail...

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2009, 05:12:20 AM »
i have those also but the drag created seemed to slow down my draw . I have a holster made local ( Backwoods leather ) that sticks in the pocket , mine has a hard plastic shield to keep from printing on the out side . anyway the CT grip seems like a good idea except it also gives away the shooters position and uses battrys .

like  i said  i use  it as a training  tool more than any thing  else
the battery  may [never so far]  let me down  training

5 or 6 days  a week  i draw  point [not  aim]  and pull  the laser  instead of the triger
thousand  shots a month  with  out the trip to the range
and  mush  practice  with  that  laser marking  my triger pull  dry fireing
all   for the cost of the grip.....no  ammo cost

live  fire  in  the sun  where i can't  see  the laser  anyway  shows  me the training  is  working
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2009, 07:00:36 AM »
that's great , wasn't cutting anything down just offered what and why from what i have learned .
I do like the pratice option but anything with battires will at some point let yu down same can be said for things with tires and t---s well you know !

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2009, 12:17:29 PM »
true  about  the batteries letting you down........IF  you were  to get  dependent  on them

with  my red dot scopes  i turn  them off and practice  that way
just not as much as i should
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2009, 12:31:12 PM »
i have night sights they have draw back also . like you mentioned sun play a fit on any sights if the glare hits right . sometimes i pratice point shooting for that and dark times . seems no one method is best a 100% of the time ,

Offline ccoker

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • www.tacticalgunreview.com
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 06:33:56 AM »
one thing alot of people over look is the ablity of love ones to use your weapon . if you own several and are at home when trouble happens then the problem is not big . BUT if say you and a member of your family are out and about then the choice of weapon could be important . Say you are injured and who ever is with you must pick up the fight , better they also can use your weapon with regard to manual of arms, fit and ablity to hit what they aim at . As example my wife has a hard time with autos ( racking the slide ) . Needless to say i carry a revolver in no small part because she is with me alot .

very good point
it's why I am equipping my wife and myself with the same gun (M&P 9C)
I shoot a lot, she doesn't and despite me wanting her to she probably never will
I can pickup anything and shoot it fine
not so with her
I think it makes a lot of tactical sense for both to have the same thing
I carry and she probably never will, but in the unfortunate event that we are out and something happens to me and she has to use my CCW then she will get something she is used to, not to mention the thing is very easy to shoot

Offline Wyo. Coyote Hunter

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2009, 03:45:56 PM »
 ;) I am not  a peace officer and never have been. So the chances of my being in a sticky situation is just average. But for what it is worth, there have been several times just because I was armed, it made a difference in everything.  It also gives one confidence to know you have a means to defend your self and others.  I have carried the Springfield xd's in both 40 and 45. S & W .22 's. even a couple .44's. Right now the gun I put on every morning is an S & W model 60 in 357 and I shoot 125 grain 38p loads. It is a joy to carry. I usually don't carry many extra rounds, but in the small town I live in, they would not be need as one will not face a gang of thugs. At times I carry my .44 mt. gun with 44 spl. loads in it. The reason I have selected these two is I am most comfortable with a revolver, having shot them for almost 50 years. With these two I often shoot gophers, prairie dogs etc. Most likely my self defense would be protection against a mt. lion or mean dog. BUT it is comforting to know if some thug passing through decides this old guy looks like an easy target to rob or mug, I am prepared. ;)

Offline Capt Gary

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2009, 05:48:01 PM »
A good 1911 .45. One that you have shot and practiced with until it feels like an extension of your arm and that you have complete confidence in.

Offline sixgun_symphony

• Avid Poster
  • Rabid, Avid Shooter
    • http://www.myspace.com/sixgun_symphony
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2009, 12:12:54 AM »
 The guys carrying multiple high capacity magazines have been watching too many John Woo films. The truth is that if you are fighting a gang that is disciplined and aggressive enough to keep coming after taking casualties, then you are soon going to be dead as some will apply suppression fire while others flank you.

Seriously, you need to think about carrying hand grenaides if you envision winning that kind of fight.
NRA - Endowment Life Member
NMLRA - Life Member
SASS - #62632

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2009, 01:45:56 AM »
sixgun , yep !
If you are in that deep then either you messed up bad or are just plain not paying attention

Offline Savage

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2009, 02:13:41 AM »
Seriously, you need to think about carrying hand grenaides if you envision winning that kind of fight.

What!! Everyone doesn't carry hand grenades!!! Much easier to conceal than an RPG.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,