Author Topic: Found Some Large Rifle Primers!!!  (Read 503 times)

Offline tn_junk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • A Real Regular
  • Look to Him
Found Some Large Rifle Primers!!!
« on: April 07, 2009, 04:47:05 PM »
On the Internet at one of the Muzzle Loader Speciality places I shop a lot.

And only $9.50 Per 100!

Guess they are now considered a scarce commodity, and can escalate in price for all the market will bear.

alan
Common Sense Ain't Very Common

Deceased May 20, 2009.  RIP Alan we miss you.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: Found Some Large Rifle Primers!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 12:04:37 PM »
At that price someone will buy them BUT its sure NOT going to be me .  ;)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline ihuntbucks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 10:15:19 PM »
I picked a couple 1000's at a local gun shop a week or so for $32 / 1000.Not bad at all to me.The problem I have is NO small pistol mag and NO small rifle.I have a bunch of everything else except those two.....Rick
"Traveling East" F&AM #261  RAM #105  R&SM #69  KT #23 "Live for nothing;die for something"

Offline Halwg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 02:16:24 AM »
I bought 2000 LRP for $30/1000, and 1000 SPP for $27.  Prices locally have gone up, but not too drastically.  I was paying around $24/1000 before.  Now I'm looking for SRP, can't find them yet.
The older I get...The better I was.

Offline res45

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 04:05:24 AM »
I got a K of Win. LR and SP last weekend at a little out of the way gun shop for $28 a K.  Most of the reloading shops around here seem to be keeping prices down from what I hear others say there paying.  I have enough to last me a while now but when they start returning on a regular basis I will be stocking up on a few K of everything I use. 
Linux Mint Mate 15

Offline mrloring

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 06:31:52 AM »
I picked a couple 1000's at a local gun shop a week or so for $32 / 1000.Not bad at all to me.The problem I have is NO small pistol mag and NO small rifle.I have a bunch of everything else except those two.....Rick

The only primers I have been able to find is magnum.  One shop has/had SP mag and LR mag.  The other shop has/had LP magnum.  The first shops owner said he has probably 150,000 primers on backorder!  The good news is the price is the same as before the election.  

Offline wncchester

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 12:22:29 PM »
"...I'm looking for SRP, can't find them yet."

Manufactor's Suggested Retail Price is normally twice the distributor's price.  Understand the difference ISN'T "Profit" at all!  The seller only makes a profit AFTER he covers all of his overhead to do business and that ain't cheap.  Don't expect to deal and purchase anything for half MSRP thinking the seller will simply break even, they would actually lose money if they sold it for the dealer cost and customers have no right to ask that.

But what's printed on many MSRPs is MUCH higher than twice the dist. price, it can be a con.  The makers of many inexpensive items do that to make buyers think they are getting a GREAT deal from a normal mark-up.   Tasco used to do that with all of their scopes, so did others like BSA, etc.  Furniture makers typically "suggest" mark-ups of triple the store cost, jewelery is even more.

Most manufactors simple let the dealers mark prices as they wish, no MSRP given.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue

Offline JustaShooter

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 03:37:11 PM »
wncchester, I'm pretty sure he meant Small Rifle Primers, not Suggested Retail Price...

anyway, I'm seeing a few Winchester LRP finding their way back into the shops here, at around $30/1000 so slightly up in price than before the hoarding started, but not much.

Just a Shooter
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.