Author Topic: C Products AR Mags  (Read 665 times)

Offline jmayton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
C Products AR Mags
« on: April 09, 2009, 05:02:42 AM »
I just picked up two C Products Mags from Midway for my AR.  They are steel and look well made.  I manually fed a few rounds through the rifle out of one last night and they seemed to function fine.  Anyone had problems with these?

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
Re: C Products AR Mags
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 05:15:29 AM »
C-Products mags are great.  They are either alluminum or stainless steel.  I have some stainless steel ones that are rock solid and feed as well as anything out there.  They are my number one pick for an AR magazine.  I don't think you'll have any problems with what you bought.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 04:29:21 PM »
ive got a bunch of them and theyve all been good mags.
blue lives matter

Offline Foxxtrot

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 04:36:59 PM »
they work great.
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 06:13:28 PM »
I have some for 6.8 in an AR, the perform perfectly, every time.

Cheese

Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline jmayton

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 05:54:53 AM »
thanks for the input.  I couldn't pass up at least trying them since they had them in stock and they were only $13 a piece.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 07:05:19 AM »
44mag.com has a great selection of C-Products mags at great prices!

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 07:19:53 AM »
I second the 44Mag.com.  I have a half dozen C-Products mags.  I chose them as they are stainless steel and if we ever get cut off from hi cap mags, I wanted something as durable as possible.  And they do work great!  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline Terry C.

• I see what you did there...
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 02:02:03 PM »
FWIW: C-Products has just introduced a 40-round stainless steel AR mag.

They're just hitting the market and initial reviews seem favorable. I'm not really into the mega-round mags, they're unwieldy and cost too much to feed. Most of my range shooting is done with 20-round mags. Most of my 30-rounders are Center Ind. USGI mags and they don't get taken out much.

But if the regular production 40-round mags turn out to be as good as the ones they've sent out for T&E, I may get one just "to have one."

From what I understand, the current Bushmaster aluminum 30-round mags are made by C-Products. I have a couple of these and they're excellent. Overpriced compared to regular production C-Products (you pay for that snake on the floorplate!) but I got mine when I bought my Bushy and didn't pay full price.

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 02:26:13 AM »
Terry, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one the finds the bigger mags 'unwieldy'.  Most of mine are 20 rounders and that seems to be a nice handy size.  I don't expect to be in a 'war' so don't feel the need of mega round mags.  I have a couple of Pmag 30 rounders, but the rest of mine are C Products SS 20 round mags.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline jmayton

• A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2009, 03:53:34 AM »
I have two Colt 30rd and two C Products 30rd mags for emergency situations, one Triple K 9rd for the range and one Surplus 20rd for hunting.  I like the 20 the best and will probably get a few more.  I don't see the need to have a 40.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 04:06:48 AM »
Years ago I bought a 40rd mag for an AR I had.  It kinda worked, but was more of a pain in the rear.  A 30rd mag is nice if you're going to be prone and use it as a rest, but 20 round mags are more handy in general and I have two of them.  If I bought more I wouldn't really have any great reason for doing so.

Offline Terry C.

• I see what you did there...
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 05:17:27 PM »
30-round mags are about as big as I want. Even they hang down too low for my tastes sometimes.

I currently have seven 30-rounders. The two new C-Products Bushmaster mags, along with a slightly used D&H (I think) Bushmaster mag, travel in the mag pouches with the carbine. These (especially the C-prod) are much "prettier" than the four new Center Industries mags that stay in the ammo can.

All of my 20-rounders (11) are refinished Vietnam-era Colt and Simmonds mags with new springs.

I certainly don't "need" a 40-round mag, and may not ever use it if I had one.

But as I said, if the C-products 40-rounders really work I just might break my self-imposed mag moratorium and get one.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 04:57:13 AM »
The one I had years ago definately wasn't a C-Products mag.  I'd probably buy a C-Products 40rd mag just because, but I wouldn't have any plans to stock them or have any real use/need for one.