Author Topic: It sure feels good...look at the stats  (Read 418 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
It sure feels good...look at the stats
« on: April 12, 2009, 04:28:15 AM »
I was looking over the GBO stats last night.  See my post to Ray89 in back yard Cannon fun. 

I find it so incredible that this little cannon board turned out so well.  I know we have put up the history of it before, but I am an Senior citizen and expected to repeat myself.

For the four or five of you that don't know, back in 2002 GBO had a change in software.  Everyone had to re register.  Tim and I reregistered with a couple of day of each other.  Graybeard ask for ideas for new forums.  Tim made the motion for a Connon forum, I seconded it.  Graybeard shook his head and gave it to us. Graybeard has said it before he didn't think we would last, but he was willing otgive us a chance.

Well it's 6 1/2 years, 3153 topics and 35824 posts later.  We are the 6th most active board on GBO.

Ray89's  Backyard Cannon fun is the fourth most replied to topic on GBO, and the only topic in the replied to catagory that isn't a debate topic.

Our little board has three topics in the top 10 view topics.  The Internet Cannon resource and sponsor list is a view only topic.  Both Backyard Cannon fun and How to Build a Rifling Machine.......A to Z are open discussion topics.  What realy interestin gis How to Build a Rifling Machine.......A to Z hasn't had a new reply since July of last year and is still in the top ten.

Pretty interesting huh....well that upped my count in topics started, post count and time on line...

Offline seacoastartillery

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • seacoastartillery.com
Re: It sure feels good...look at the stats
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 04:57:37 AM »
     Thanks for posting this information, Double D.  We follow the basic stats occasionally, but we won't try to kid you here, when we recently saw that the Rifling Machine HOW TO went over 18,000 views, we were astounded.  We think that a large % of the viewers are technicians, machinists, gunsmiths, engineers and Mechanic's Illustrated readers who have gotten this thread's address by word of mouth or off other boards from comments.

We also follow "Backyard Cannon Fun" all the time, because of all the variety of wonderful cannons presented there!  Thanks once again to you and Tim for urging Greybeard to try the "Unlikely" idea.

Regards,

Mike and Tracy
Smokin' my pipe on the mountings, sniffin' the mornin'-cool,
I walks in my old brown gaiters along o' my old brown mule,
With seventy gunners be'ind me, an' never a beggar forgets
It's only the pick of the Army that handles the dear little pets - 'Tss! 'Tss!

From the poem  Screw-Guns  by Rudyard Kipling

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 07:19:43 PM »
I moderate two gunsmithing forums and refer people to the rifling machine thread every time the subject is broached.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 02:19:05 AM »
I took me all weekend to move up from number 10 longest on line number 9.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 07:59:29 AM »
I took me all weekend to move up from number 10 longest on line number 9.

I'm not in the competition.
It's like when I used to go to gun shows and realised I could have gone shooting instead.

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)