Author Topic: Prairie dogs?  (Read 1117 times)

Offline securitysix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Prairie dogs?
« on: April 12, 2009, 11:33:43 AM »
So, a friend of mine comes to me one day and says "My dad asked me where a good place in Oklahoma was to shoot prairie dogs."  The only reply I had was "Western Oklahoma, maybe?".  I know they had an infestation of them in Bixby a few years ago, so they're around Eastern OK, too, I guess.

Anyway, where does one go to shoot prairie dogs in Oklahoma?  Public land?  Private land where the owner is likely to give permission?  I don't even know if we have a season/bag limit on them or if they're like coyotes with no season or bag limit.  Thanks in advance.

Offline TwoSeventy

Re: Prairie dogs?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 07:33:52 AM »
Prairie dog hunting is not allowed on public land in Oklahoma. Your best bet is to find private land to shoot on. I think that the panhandle area is where you will find the best prairie dog hunting.

Offline mattmillerrx

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 02:53:07 PM »
I found too outfitters in oklahoma offering prairie dog hunts.  I simply did a google search for them, here is what I found:http://www.ultimateprairiedoghunting.com/USA/Oklahoma/directory/.  I think one was 150 bucks a day and one was 100 bucks a day. 

I passed on both for now and am trying to find a local back home to let me shoot some before they poision them all.  I am still think about booking one but thought that was high, so am looking else where.

Offline shootinpreacher48

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 11:11:54 AM »
a Friend and I do prarie dog shoots for 65.00 dollars a day let me know, and we can set a date. my email Phone Number is 580-546-7621 my name is Robert.