Author Topic: New Cabela's opens next thursday!  (Read 765 times)

Offline pa ridge-runner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
New Cabela's opens next thursday!
« on: September 11, 2003, 01:35:57 AM »
:grin: I took a ride to the new Cabela's store yesterday just to be nosey(about 20 miles east).It sure is a huge store.Everyone here is very excited that we will soon have a store of this caliber here in eastern Pa.I believe it will be the first one east of the mississippi river.They had a huge scupture in the front center,but it was all covered up.We tried to look inside but was told to come back next week.It looked like it was open but actually the have about 750 employees parked there.
Last fall on my trip to Wyoming we passed the Cabela's in Nebraska but didnt have time to stop.Also passed the one coming back in S.Dakota but didnt have time then either.
I'm sure it will be hard to get near there when it does open.They are supposed to have a huge aquarium,and a couple hundred wall hangers.I cant wait to see it all! My shopping list has been growing in anticipation.I will get back here and give the details when I go.Cabela's is expected to be a major boom to the local economy.Talk about a kid in a candy store,He He. :wink:

Offline Lee D.

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 03:31:28 AM »
Where is the new store and when do they open?
somewhere betwixt a baulk and a breakdown

Offline jhm

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2003, 03:36:32 AM »
Ridge-runner :  You will enjoy the trip, it will take more than 1 time to see it all, if it is like the one in Nebraska, I was impressed with the quality of the guns they carried in the special room. :D   JIM

Offline pa ridge-runner

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2003, 07:03:07 AM »
Hi Lee,
  The new store is located about 10 miles north of Reading Pa.It is at the intersection of Route 61 and route 78.The store is set to open on the 18th of Sept. 8)

Offline 01magnatec

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2003, 08:57:29 AM »
here are some specs:
237,000 square foot showroom
211 seat restaurant
flyshop
general store
56,000 gallon aquarium
archery range
gun library
and almost 900 wall mounts !!!

I remember hearing that this is the largest cabelas yet.
can't wait to get over there!!!

There is also one opening in West Virginia in fall of 2004!!!

Offline Huntrap_MT

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2003, 10:27:59 PM »
Where's are big store Cabela's?  You lease our prime hunting lands and now you owe us a store!   :twisted:  Build us a store soon or I will run naked through all your leased MT land and scare away all the trophy game from your rich clients!   :)
"I hunt not to kill, but rather to have not played golf."  
-Orlando "Squawfish" de Gaskett