Author Topic: Black Tail hunters?  (Read 553 times)

Offline matt d

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Black Tail hunters?
« on: September 11, 2003, 02:01:24 PM »
I am a beginning Black Tail hunter, my second season is going on right now here in California.  To further educate myself to become as compitent as possible I am looking for videos and books on Black Tails of California.  There is lots of information on Mule Deer, WTs, and even Alaskan Blacktails but none of this seems to be consistant with what I have been seeing and learning here.  I would really appreciate to hear of some good sources.  We also have quite a varity of Mule Deer influence here, I was wodering what this was all about and the main differences between Pacific Blacktail and the mule/Black Tail.
Don't say whoa in a bad place

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
Black Tail hunters?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 05:46:03 PM »
Gee matt, I wish I could help ya.  There really is not much out there on the blacktail.  Good luck, and look for clearings in that thick forest you hunt.  

long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline crow_feather

Black Tail hunters?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2003, 09:15:47 AM »
A FEW YEARS AGO, PETERSON'S HUNTING MAG DID A GREAT ARTICLE ON BLACK TAIL DEER.  THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCE IS THE SIZE OF THE ANIMALS WITH THE MULIE BEING LARGER THAN THE BLACKTAIL.  YOU WILL FIND MULE DEER IN THE HIGH MOUNTAINS UNTIL THE SNOW BRINGS THEM DOWN TO LOWER LEVELS.  GREAT TIME TO TRY A BLACK POWDER HUNT LIKE THE ONE DURING CHRISTMAS IN NORTHERN CALIF.
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.