Author Topic: Where the heck are all the rings?  (Read 595 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Where the heck are all the rings?
« on: April 23, 2009, 11:51:47 AM »
Who's hoarding all the super tall rings?

I've called about every outfit I know that sells such stuff and have placed extra high rings on back order with some and still cannot put a scope on either of my ARs cuz I can't find a set of rings tall enough to work.

Anybody got a set tall enough they want to part with permanently or just temporarily until mine arrive from Talley? Gary said they are gearing up for a new super tall ring just for ARs and that he'll ship me a couple sets when they are available but that's not gonna be in time for the PD shoot.

Anyone here who can help out an old fat man in need?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jasonprox700

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Re: Where the heck are all the rings?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 01:30:06 PM »
Try the Burris Xtremes from OpticsPlanet.com.  I think I paid about $42 and they arrived in about a week.  These are a very high quality ring in my opinion. 

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-xtreme-tactical-1-two-rings.html

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 02:48:04 PM »
Bill-

Bushmaster has 1/2 inch riser blocks designed for an AR that work great with med. rings.  They have em in stock.  Just put a pair on my latest AR.  I like the fact you can remove the scope and mounts to use on another rifle if you like without having the rings too high.

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 05:21:56 PM »
Thanks Jason I might check that tomorrow. I tried to order that one today from Midsouth and it was out of stock there. I'm not positive that .750" is enough but until I try it I won't know really.

I'll look at Bushmaster tomorrow also Larry and see if I can find them. I probably should check to see if Remington has the proper camo ones to match my R15 but man are they proud of them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jasonprox700

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 07:26:57 AM »
They come in 4 different heights.  I think I have the #3 height (can't remember the measurement off the top of my head).  They work well for my .308 DPMS AP4. 

Offline blackwolfe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 11:45:24 AM »
I think Remington has camo riser blocks also.  May hav seen them at Cabela's.
wolfe

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 11:54:18 AM »
Dunno if Remington has those camo blocks in stock but originally that was my plan to get them and then I checked the price at some retailer who had them listed. They wanted about $80 or more for the pair. That's being mighty proud of them it seems to me.

I did first check the Bushmaster website then called them. They had some risers listed at $13.95 each but were out of stock on them. He did say that had some they make for $15.95 each so I have some of those on the way. Kinda expensive as a temporary measure until the right rings are available but it seems about the only way to be sure to get the rifles running before the PD shoot coming up next month.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline sk330lc

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 04:11:14 PM »
Bill,
Armalite makes a mount For flat tops that are great.   I have used them for some time. They let you Move the scope a little more forward. So when you shoulder the rifle, you are not backing your Head up, so you can see full field of veiw. I tried to use regular high ring and I could not get the scope forward enough.
this is a link to what I'm talking about. They are a little pricey but well worth it!

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=EX0027&Category=a14c8168-f1cf-4f11-8859-bafe17a66e1e+&ret_url=Categories2.aspx?Category=a14c8168-f1cf-4f11-8859-bafe17a66e1e
Be True to What You Hunt!!!!!
SUPPORT THE GBO SERVER
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.0/topicseen.html