Author Topic: Red Dot Scope question  (Read 461 times)

Offline swordfish

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Contributor
Red Dot Scope question
« on: April 29, 2009, 06:43:59 AM »
The Red Dot scope I have doesn't seem to work out for my Right eye that is nearsighted. The dot is blurry. It seems to be much better for my Left eye which is farsighted (but I don't shoot Lefthanded). I have not worn or have had the need to wear corrective glasses in the past for anything but paperwork. Is this a common problem? The scope came on a rifle that I purchased and had no instruction manual. Is this a simple focus adjustment or do I need to wear corrective glasses to use this scope?
I have taken off the RedDot scope and am using the original iron sights instead.
"If it bleeds we can kill it" Dutch

Offline Glanceblamm

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Red Dot Scope question
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 03:18:15 AM »
Most of the conventional scopes can be thrown up against the blank sky after mounted to bring the crosshair into sharp focus as you know but I dont think any of the red dot models have any such adjustment.
I had looked through more than one of the red dots from cheap to expensive and the appearance was very good on the whole so you may need your glasses to see that dot.

Offline chipmunk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Red Dot Scope question
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 12:39:02 PM »
I have a cheap red dot that has a blurry dot.  It doesn't even have a brand name on it.  All I know is a friend bought it off of ebay.   If you like the idea of a red dot then I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.  Most work just fine as long as you don't put them on anything high recoil.  I have a BSA on an air gun that works well - clear dot and good accuracy.  Wouldn't trust it on a large rifle though.  I've heard some of the better ones can handle recoil but I've never had a nice one.