Author Topic: Obit: Paul Miller, Susan Miller Eichinger of Cannon Ltd.  (Read 1206 times)

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
Obit: Paul Miller, Susan Miller Eichinger of Cannon Ltd.
« on: April 30, 2009, 05:02:29 AM »
I knew Paul Miller when he was making cannons in his garage in Baltimore MD.  Then he moved to Coolville, OH and expanded his business considerably.

If you ever met Paul, he had more enthusiasm for cannons than most anyone I've met.  It was almost a childlike enthusiasm and fascination.  His business reflected his enthusiasm.  His products were his own designs in many cases, particularly when it came to carriages, generally resembling but not copying original drawings.

Paul had a knack for getting contracts to make numbers of duplicate cannons for wealthy collectors and organizations, such as one particular Native American tribe in the northeast.  He told me their reservation shared a boarder with a state park, which had some cannons in it.  The tribe wanted cannons big enough and numerous enough so they could clearly outgun the state park next door.

Paul was a Vietnam veteran and put considerable time and effort in to V-V causes.

RIP Paul and Susan.

http://www.cannonltd.com/

I have no more details on "what happened" than are shown on the webpage.

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Obit: Paul Miller, Susan Miller Eichinger of Cannon Ltd.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 01:05:37 AM »
Here's an old promotional video showing some of the cannons that were made by Cannon Ltd. while they were in business:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i59-K6EB4tk&NR=1

Offline wvdad

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 02:45:09 AM »
Those are absolutely beautiful. I live only minutes from coolville and never knew them. I only recently started getting hooked on canons and wish I had the pleasure of meeting them.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 03:01:21 AM »
The Obiturary in September 2008 edition of The Artilleryman said Susan passed April 6 from cancer and Paul died April 26 from a tractor accident.

I haven't been able to get the website to work for some time.