Author Topic: Tactical pump?  (Read 382 times)

Offline reno2507

• Trade Count: (13)
Tactical pump?
« on: April 30, 2009, 07:16:51 AM »
I saw a used H&R 12ga pump in a local gun store. It was a short barrel (around 20" or so), extended magazine and parkerized, and actually a good looking gun! I can't remember the price, but was wondering if anyone had any info on it, and how much they should go for? Thanks all.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Re: Tactical pump?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 02:15:39 PM »
Around my area of MN, the Pardner Pump Protector has been goin' anywhere between $160 and $180.  Those come with a 18 1/2 in cylinder bore barrel and standard cap of 6+1.  I think you would have to have at least a 20in barrel if you wanted to add a mag extension to gain 2 more shells.  I have a Pardner Pump and just need to send so $$$ to H&R to get a Protector barrel. 

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline RackWrangler

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Tactical pump?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 02:57:34 AM »
Cookie is right.  The 18.5 barrel is too short for an extension.  I tried one and it stuck out past the end of the barrel by about 2 inches.

I put modified my Pardner Pump synthetic gun by replacing the 28" barrel with a 18.5 Protector one and adding the Buttler Creek folding stock. 

Makes a nice compact, and very easy to shoot package.

Here's some pics.

RW
:lol: Life's too short to not enjoy every minute :lol: