Author Topic: REMINGTON 870 MARINE MAGNUM  (Read 1979 times)

Offline FLYROD

• Trade Count: (0)
REMINGTON 870 MARINE MAGNUM
« on: December 18, 2002, 01:16:01 PM »
the karate school I study at bought our instructor a 870 marine magnaum for Christmas.man what a gun!looks great,action is fantastic,and the finish is as tuff as it gets.the dealer throughed in some of the short 12ga buck shot shells,I think their 1 1/2" or 1 3/4",this realy adds to the capacity.looks like this is going to be a great set up.may have to get me one :D
THANKS,BOBBY

Offline KING

• A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2002, 05:58:38 PM »
:D FLYROD.  What the dealer gave you was some of the AQUILA 12 GA. AMMO.  It is made in MEXICO...I am not so sure that the 870 will cycle that short round with any degree of reliability.  I bought a couple of boxes in them and use them in my side by sides or my over/unders.  Some of the guys have been seeing some cycling problems with them in thier pumps.  For your information there is a little 12ga that was made just for that short round with cycle reliability.  The shot charges in this shorty is a grin to shoot at woodcock and grouse that are close.  Should be good fer bunnies also.  King :grin:
THE ONLY FEMALE THAT I TRUST IS A LABRADOR.......AND SHE DONT SNOORE,AND DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT MY COOKING...THE ONLY GODS THAT EXIST ARE THOSE THAT HAVE ONE IN THE CHAMBER,AND 19 IN THE MAG.......

Offline FLYROD

feed problems
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2003, 06:46:06 AM »
had feed problems just like you said. :D
THANKS,BOBBY

Offline dragthewaters

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2003, 01:26:00 PM »
ive seen that, its a very nice looking gun

Offline Ruger4Me

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 09:45:03 AM »
I bought one for camping about 2 years ago after having some major bear problems and only being armed with muzzle loader. What a great gun. I went back home to hunt and fish while camping in the Adirondacks last fall, we put the canoes in at Tupper Lake.

We dumped the canoes twice got rained a lot. But still had a great time camping. Always better than sitting in a office. The 870 was great, looks as good now as it did new even after taking a bath.  We are done canoe camping, both of us decided to get a open kayaks.