Author Topic: Some rare CW projectiles  (Read 446 times)

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
Some rare CW projectiles
« on: May 02, 2009, 04:59:52 AM »
Since there's  been a lot of discussion on various kinds of projectiles to use in blackpowder cannons, maybe a review of some original designs is in order.  Some of the items shown are quite rare, such as the 2.75-inch Whitworth tin cartridge case.  The narrator isn't a projectile expert so don't believe everything he says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcpbVVdDSZ0

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: Some rare CW projectiles
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 05:18:45 AM »
Thanks, John pretty neat....what museum?

Offline cannonmn

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 06:18:00 AM »
what museum

Since it is stuff that isn't on public display I didn't identify it, but next time I talk to them I'll ask if they have a problem with my doing that.

Offline KABAR2

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 07:03:10 AM »
I'll take one of each!  ::)  ;D
I guess they probably weigh me coming & going.....
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 06:05:49 PM »
what museum

Since it is stuff that isn't on public display I didn't identify it, but next time I talk to them I'll ask if they have a problem with my doing that.

A very strange thing occurred when I viewed your vid (nice show BTW); I was absolutely positive that I had never been to this museum, or its storage rooms before, but I was also as equally sure that I knew the museum's name, and was eerily aware that I was already familiar with the appearance of the storage area. The only thing I could think of that might explain this seemingly inexplicable phenomena brought to mind a quote from one of Victor's favorite celebrities, Yogi Berra: "This is like deja vu all over again."
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.