Author Topic: Nick's breech plug customer service  (Read 725 times)

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
Nick's breech plug customer service
« on: May 07, 2009, 03:23:10 PM »
I am on vacation this week so Tuesday I went to the shooting range. I had my sidekick.  I had altered the breech plug by drilling it out slightly as advised because it was impossible to get thr primers out. Anyway I reduced my load from 100 grains o floos triple 7 to 85 grains of loose 777.  The first shot was awesome.  I swabbed with windex and reloaded When I shot I had a ton of blowback.  I took th egun apart cleaned the plug and the gun and changed the oring.  Te reults were the same with the extreme blowback.  When I got home I sent Nick an email and explained what happened. I got an instant mail back saying he was puzzled and was sending out a new plug right away. I offered to send the other back so he could look at it which he agreed to.  Well today I got an email from him saying he got my plug and it had burrs inside the area that I took some stock off so the oring could not seal.  So the problem was created by me.  I offered to send the shipping costs to Nick for his inconvenience and cost for covering my mistake which he declined.  All I can say is customer service like that is a rarity in this day and age especially when it was not even anything he did, it was what I did.  If I need this one reamed, I will have a machinist friend of mine do it, so I do not screw up another.  Nick thank you very much for all you have done.  I give you 5 thumbs up and will recommend your breech plug to everyone I know who owns a huntsman or sidekick as it is the best thing going.  Thank you again. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
Re: Nick's breech plug customer service
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 09:50:55 AM »
Mine, so far, is working flawlessly.  I've gotta pick up some more fodder for it and get it cranking again.  Nick and Co. is superb.  Best thing to come down the road since Wheaties and T.V. ;)

Just now, I've got my butt rotating in about 50 different directions, interupted by mundane things like Mother's Day, and Patty's "Spring Fling". ...a spinning and weaving thing........but......I've still got time for a gun show tomorrow and some shooting this weekend.........well maybe not the shooting......it's Mother's Day again........shucks :'( :'(

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline Nick Allen

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 02:31:19 PM »
Thanks guys,  at a loss for words though. I just like helping out where I can.

Why did H&R stop making these great muzzleloaders? That question may have already been answered a thousand times, and if it has been...I'm sorry, but I just don't understand why.

Nick :)

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 04:40:12 PM »
we dont either.  I am thinking it was due to the remington consolidation  You can still get a barrel fitted to a rifle frame.  There has also been talk of a new and improved version in a year or two.  Maybe you should contact them and get them to put your breech plug in the new ones and eliminate the primer carriers direct from the factory.  Plus there is rumor that there will be a full length ramrod.  Check the stickys on here ot see what has been talked about. and again thanks nick.  Is the nasty weather slows down here tomorrow I am off to the range 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.