Author Topic: lucked out today  (Read 644 times)

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
lucked out today
« on: May 09, 2009, 05:21:39 PM »
Went to my favorite gun shop today ,just to browse around. Found a 28 ga Topper barrel in the used barrel display, in like new condition. When I asked how much , the owner said" 20 bucks". I couldn't pass that up. Brought it home, tried it on my 20 ga Pardner,it fit perfectly and locked up tight.It's like buying a new shotgun for $20. Best find I've had in quite a while.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline pitman_mm

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: lucked out today
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 07:21:58 PM »
 Wish I could find deals like that, good for you.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 08:04:50 AM »
That is some serious luck right there! You're going to love th 28. I got mine factory fitted on my SB2 frame and it is so fun to shoot. Kicks like a .410 but patterns WAY better.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline snakeman

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 08:26:26 AM »
Why can't I ever find good deals like that? Oh, sorry. I do fond good deals like that sometimes. ;D Congrats on the barrel. The 28 ga is a hoot to shoot.

snakeman

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 03:01:55 PM »
I,m realy looking forward to trying it out.Probably tomorrow,today the wind was blowing about 40mph. doesn't make for a very good day at the range.Today I checked my catalogs for the best price on 28ga ammo.Grafs wins out on that one.$10.99 a box. I did buy a couple boxes of Remington 3/4 oz. #6 yesterday at Dicks.$ 16.99 a box of 25. Pricey, but I've just got to shoot it.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 03:07:05 PM »
I usually get my 28's at Wally World. Winchester AA goes for 10.99 I believe.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783