Author Topic: Cool Burris AR optic system mounted on a M-4  (Read 526 times)

Offline Bigeasy

• Trade Count: (5)
Cool Burris AR optic system mounted on a M-4
« on: May 12, 2009, 07:51:29 AM »
I have a dedicated iron sight AR, and a heavy barrel .223 AR with a 6x20 scope.  I wanted this gun, a Bushmaster M4, to be an all around AR.  I went with a Burris FF 2x7 scope in Burris Tac. rings.  I used 1/2 inch Bushmaster risers, and Medium height rings.  I used a top half to the rear ring with a built in pickatinny rail.  Mounted a Burris Fastfire ll holographic red dot sight to it.

The system works great.  A proper cheek weld on the stock gives good allignment with the scope.  A slight raise of the head gives a good view of the holographic sight.  Along with the Streamlight flashlight on the front, this rig is good from accross the room to 500 yards.  Its a neat rig that works well.

Larry
Personal opinion is a good thing, and everyone is entitled to one.  The hard part is separating informed opinion from someone who is just blowing hot air....

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Cool Burris AR optic system mounted on a M-4
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 08:12:36 AM »
I've got a very similar setup.  I used the 2-7 burris FullField II with ballistic plex on my AR and it's just great.  I also used those same types of rings.  I have had great luck using the ballistic plex out to 500 yards.  I don't have anything setup on it for up close though.

I will definately admit though that you're looks cooler.

Offline jmayton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Cool Burris AR optic system mounted on a M-4
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 09:12:55 AM »
I like that setup and am thinking about adding the Fastfire to my 1-4 Millett DMS since all I have to do is get the picatinny top for my Burris rings.