Author Topic: Center Point Optics opinions?  (Read 384 times)

Offline JimG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Center Point Optics opinions?
« on: May 18, 2009, 04:27:57 PM »
I'm a sucker for something new. ::) Had to buy and try one of the relatively new Center Point Optics scopes at WalMart. Yes one of them made in China for Crosman scopes! They have a whole line of optics for everything from air rifles to centerfires. I needed a scope for a .22lr so I grabbed one of the AR22 Series models. I know I'll get flamed to a cinder for saying this but, these scopes are not half bad. Mine (3-9x32mm) is brighter and clearer than comparable Swift Premiers, Bushnell Banners, and Trophys that I own. And believe it or not brighter (but not clearer) than my one and only Bushnell Legend. Clicks are positive and not mushy. Fit and finish are above the $60 price tag. Lifetime warranty (comparable to Bushnells warranty terms) backed by Crosman. Seems very well built (can't believe I'm saying that!!). Heck the freebie tipoff rings they include are actually usable and well built vs the throw-a-way rings included with other rimfire scopes. I don't know how well or long it will hold up but first impressions are very good. So with my flame proof suit on, tell me what you all think about them if you actually have used or own one.

Offline chipmunk

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Center Point Optics opinions?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 08:40:03 AM »
I've looked at them before but I've always been afraid to buy.  Maybe next time I need a scope on something small I'll try one. 

Offline JimG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Center Point Optics opinions?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 02:53:33 PM »
I'm so impressed with this rimfire scope I'm STRONGLY considering purchasing a centerfire Center Point scope to see if it will last on a muzzleloader shooting 444 grain conicals. They sell one for shotguns and ML's that is a compact low magnification scope. I'm not sure that I'll ever really use the red and green illuminated reticle on a rimfire but this scope is really nice.