Author Topic: Misfire????????????????????  (Read 533 times)

Offline buckshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Misfire????????????????????
« on: May 24, 2009, 04:27:58 AM »
I went groundhog or woodchuck hunting with my 12 guage USH (SB2-980), which I bought last summer and killled my first game with the USH.  The bullets it takes are Hornady SST'S. 

I came back and decided to shot at a can in the woods.  I loaded the gun, pulled up and shot, it misfired.  I tried a couple more times to see if it was I or the gun.  This was the first time it happened to me.  My question is, what can I do with the bullet? Do I just throw it out?  Do I hang on to it? Can I fix this bullet?  I don't know really what to do with the bullet so any opinion would be great. 

please reply

buckshooter   
"When guns are outlawed only the outlaws have guns."  by Louis L'Amoure

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." by President Ronald Reagan

Offline tireman

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Misfire????????????????????
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 04:49:20 AM »
  Did you put in a new shell and try it?  Will the gun shoot with  a different shell? Don't worry about the shell that didn't go off. Get rid of it    Clark

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 06:02:54 AM »
USH misfires have been discussed before, likely it's the ammo, but not necessarily.

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,158602.msg1098697600.html#msg1098697600
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline buckshooter

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 02:33:38 AM »
Hey Quickdtoo

I did take another shot with the same brand of bullets.  It did shot.  What does this mean?

buckshooter 
"When guns are outlawed only the outlaws have guns."  by Louis L'Amoure

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." by President Ronald Reagan

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 05:02:34 AM »
A bad primer, I've had a few of em!  :-\

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline jtech

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 07:05:04 AM »
Stick that round in a different gun and shoot it. Have heard some say that primers being seated to deeply can cause this problem. I can't prove it one way or the other, but IMO the guns should shoot any factory ammo. We have 6 or 7 shotguns and my H&R is the only one I've ever had do this. The factory trigger/transfer bar assy. is THE WORST design I have ever seen.