Author Topic: DPMS backorder update  (Read 2579 times)

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
DPMS backorder update
« on: May 28, 2009, 09:18:57 AM »

Just for giggles I was on DPMS's website the other night and built up a 308 rifle just the way I'd like it just for fun.  I e-mailed them and asked about their backorder and I couldn't believe it.  I thought it was starting to lighten up, but not so much.  They are one year out on their standard rifles, and two years out on their rifles with upgrades.  I thought they were getting caught up since I'm seeing more and more of their rifles available online.

I just thought I'd let you all know.

Offline sachel.45

• Contributor
Re: DPMS backorder update
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 10:42:42 AM »
thats weird because ive seen a half a dozen or so in the past week both the ap4(which me and my dad have) and the sportical
common sense is slowly becoming uncommon

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 04:56:44 PM »
I saw one in 308 on the shelf in a local gunstore for 1300.  I was surprised to actually see one on the shelf and figured they were starting to catch up.

Offline S.S.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 10:50:46 AM »
I have seen no evidence at all that it is letting up.
In my area it appears to be getting worse. And i mean much worse.
I have not seen a firearm in the stores that feeds from a removable magazine
in almost a month. No handgun ammo except 357 sig at 50.00 a box in over a month.
Can forget finding primers also.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 03:44:18 PM »
A week or so back when I was in a local gun store the owner told me he had over 130 ARs in stock ready for delivery. He says he is having no problems getting them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline drdougrx

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2009, 10:54:53 AM »
My shop also has plenty.  The DPMS match rifles are actually under 1K.
If you like, please enjoy some of my hunt pics at:

http://public.fotki.com/DrDougRx

If you leave a comment, please leave your GB screen name so that I can reply back!

Offline diggdug

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 02:33:40 PM »
Kinda funny when you think about all those people buying DPMS, who spends the most on advertising and makes the worst rifle. If the SHTF scenario ever happens, you will be able to pick up all the DPMS rifles you want off the dead.
Most people say I'm an idiot!

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 04:42:19 PM »
I think the DPMS 308 is in a different level of quality than the regular AR's.  I never understood why people dislike the DPMS rifle so much.  I have a sweet 16 with a 1000 rounds through it even without a problem.  Granted that's not a huge round count, but it's still counting without any problems.  I don't know how DPMS used to be, but the one I have and the 308 I used to have never gave me any problems.

Offline sachel.45

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 05:00:26 PM »
whats wrong with dpms? i havent had any problems with mine neither has my dad. i think there a great gun
common sense is slowly becoming uncommon

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 05:06:59 PM »
my  dpms    in  308  just got in last week

24 inch  heavy barrel   stainless

about 8 months  i think
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline mannyrock

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 03:11:44 PM »

Geez, your local gun shop doesn't have any rifles with detachable magazines?  Then go to a medium sized gunshow in any medium sized city.  You will see at least 100 of them for sale, new and used.  Why are folks creating this false hysteria that you can't get an AR type rifle???  They are everywhere!

Go to the Chantilly gunshows near Dulles Virginia.

Go to the Richmond gunshows in Richmond Virginia.

Go to the Roanoke gunshows in Roanoke Virginia.

Go to any gunshow in Memphis, Tennessee..

Just give me a break!

Regards,

Mannyrock

Offline S.S.

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 06:15:58 PM »
Guess it all depends on location? I havn't even seen an SKS for sale since December!
Local Walmart did have one box of 223 one box of .45 auto and one box of .40 S&W yesterday though.
I bought the .40 S&W. Consider yourselves lucky if you have access to things, Lots of us still don't..
I can't even find Primers to reload with anymore. My brother is in Florida and I wanted him to stop at
Gander Mountain and get me some. He said the guy behind the counter almost laughed.
They can't get them either he said. Enjoy what you can find!
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline mannyrock

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 05:32:51 AM »

I checked Gunbroker on-line last night. They have over 100 new ARs for sale, including at least a dozen new-in-box DPMS's, in an array of models.   So again, I don't understand the perceived supply problem. If you want one, go on line, point and click, and buy one.

Regards,
Mannyrock

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 05:43:52 AM »
The .223 rifles may have more in supply.  He was talking about the .308 which may be in short supply.  Problem is, can you get ammo, primers, powder and bullets to operate them?

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 06:03:15 AM »
The 223's are much more available.  The 308's are just starting to become more available.  There are guys asking 1100 and 1800 for the same rifles.  You can tell when both guys stocked up.  There are starting to be some really good deals on AR's again.

Offline Avyctes

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 10:02:30 AM »
I've had a complete upper on order with DPMS since 1st week of Nov '08.  Emailed them not long ago and was told it was still going to be awhile, but was not told anything definite.  I got the impression they were being purposely vague.  When I ordered it I was told 4 months.  After 4 months, I was told it was going to be 8 months.  Now I'm coming up on a year.  Who knows.  Tempted to cancel the dang order and put the money in baby diapers, I'm going to need them come January (got a lil' girl on the way)!  I've already got a Bushmaster Varminter, but I wanted a 'shorty', so I ordered basically a Low Pro, with a 16" Phasphated bull barrel and milspec receiver. 
"There exists a law, not written down anywhere, but in our hearts.. that, if our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 10:31:13 AM »
A year!?!?!  I'd cancel the order.  All the items you could ever want are starting to show up here and there online.  The prices are becoming reasonable again and you may be much happier just to cancel, and buy it somewhere else.

Offline Omaha-BeenGlockin

• A Real Regular
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 08:16:10 PM »
Local dealer has a least 20 DPMS rifles in the rack--no tellin how many are in back. .223 that is.