Author Topic: fiocchi 38 special lrn  (Read 1051 times)

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
fiocchi 38 special lrn
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:36:47 AM »
 bought a box for practice .. went back an bought 2 more when i saw how that round expanded,an took grotesk shapes... in a hardbacked old dictionary ,i got good penetration an devastang expansion.. looks every bit as effective as my 158 grn semi wad cutter.. plus its out there .. gods country had some. 21.99 for fifty..not bad for a rnd as good as any protection ,ive seen. . hope you can find some if you need a protection rnd that don t cost an arm an leg. good luck slim

Offline Robert357

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: fiocchi 38 special lrn
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 10:58:54 AM »
In some rounds Fiocchi is loaded hotter than most other commercial ammo.  I find they have a variety of interesting ammo.

I look for their 32 Auto ammo as it is loaded fairly hot.  I have some of their really heavy 158 gain 9mm ammo.
(Fiocchi Shooting Dynamics Ammunition 9mm Luger 158 Grain Full Metal Jacket Subsonic Box of 50Product #: 295755
Status: Out of Stock, No Backorder $15.29).  I have never seen any 9mm Luger ammo that heavy.  It shoots well out of my FEG Browning Hi Power clones.

I also have some of their 9mm Mak, 38 Special and 357 Mag ammo.  I have found it all very acceptable ammo and usually at a good price.

In this era of handgun ammo shortages, you scored well!

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 03:59:43 PM »
I have shot their 9mm, .357 Sig and .45, loved em all.  The 9mm were very accurate out of my Sig 226, I think they make a good product.

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 01:34:31 AM »
 me to rock me to.. an fairly reasonable here.. i have 5 recovered rnds in there on the tv.. look like anything from moon rocks to about half doz. chewed wad o gum. its awful looking .., i can imagine one of them
 doing flips as it went through my chest.. not a pretty tought.
  standard carry 158 gn swc + p just goes deeper but its around 30 sum odd dollars now..
 in other wds this one stop somewhere around the heart .. the +pwadcutter probably make it to the back bone.. all depending on how big the bg is..a face shot which i ll use if i can.. either one of these rnds  gonna
destroy that fellas appeal to the ladies..thats a bad thing todo.. but its just the most stopping hit ,that doesn t depend as much on hitting a vital.... a dead on face hit .. your fight is over ...thats just my opinion, an bet.... lifes a gamble.slim
   :)

Offline S.S.

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 02:00:40 PM »
I have always liked Fiocchi ammo, Excellent stuff.
I have found that even a lot of their FMJ ammo expands
into something resembling a light bulb upon impact.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 01:48:11 PM »
  Most LRN will expand when hitting something such as phonebooks, etc. provided they are the typical soft swaged lead variety. They also expand, somewhat, on ribs. SHHHHH, don't tell anyone.....they still work fine.......... if you have ever seen the slugs taken out of the body of JD Tippet, the Dallas cop that was killed by Lee Harvey Oswald, they were "pristine" compared to some I've seen come from others. My guess is because they were fired from a .38 S&W Victory model, not a .38 Special gun so they were a bit undersized and nearly "knuckle-balled". Seen way, way, way too many wounds with LRN to be convinced they are anemic and killed too many critters to believe they don't deliver decent wounds.