Author Topic: Got Lucky Today  (Read 548 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Got Lucky Today
« on: May 28, 2009, 03:24:59 PM »
During a lull today I wander out to the metal scrap pile at work.  I'm looking at all this stuff on a pallet and something orange & familar jumps out at me.  I pull it out, and it's a 20lb Lyman bottom pour casting pot.  I try plugging it into one of the outside plugs and it pops the GFI breaker.  I put it back in the pile but I keep thinking maybe I could send it back to Lyman for repair.  I get permisson to take it, and just on a fluke I plug it into one of the regular outlets in my shop.  It works fine.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Online Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Re: Got Lucky Today
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 01:19:37 AM »
lyman will totaly rebuild it for about a 100 bucks which is half the cost of a new one.
blue lives matter

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 01:23:23 AM »
Thanks Lloyd!  How are things going?
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 01:26:33 AM »
Be careful Swampman.  If if pops a GFCI breaker and not a normal outlet, it may have a ground fault caused by the coil being grounded to the case.  Don't get shocked....
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)