Author Topic: Need a project  (Read 405 times)

Offline Kal52

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Contributor
Need a project
« on: May 28, 2009, 04:26:22 PM »
ok, so Its the off season and I need a project so I have a new toy to play with next season.

I have a bare stock pardner 12 and a stock .410 pardner as well.

for the .410 Im thinking a pistol grip and a tactical light set up for coon hunting, at night, maybe shorten it and rechoke.

Thinking I need to do something for the 12ga as well.

I may send it in, have a vent rib barrel fitted, have it cut and rechoked and use it for varmint/coyote, with the vent rib I can use the rib riders or some other clamp on sites for tite chokes.

Any thoughts, and if you have some pics of your "projects" post em up, Id love to see what all you guys have done to yours, heck even if you just painted them still would be fun to see what everyone is playing with during the slow season.

Thanks

Dave

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
Re: Need a project
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 04:48:26 PM »
Well a running project I have is of a small lightweight backpack gun using a shortened Survivor forearm and regular Survivor Buttstock...sill throwing up the idea of another Tamer stock.
I am building a nice 2 barrelled combo. One rifle barrel,one shotgun barrel.
I am leaning towards a shortened 357., 44mag, or 30-30 barrel shortend down to 17" with a very small lightweight varible scope, 2x perhaps.
Shotgun barrel.. I am still in the air a little between 20ga and 12ga.
12ga you have the advantage of much more availible ammo choices(around where I live) but with some STOUT recoil in a very lightweight gun.....
To a 20ga...humm can't say a lot wrong with that ;D ::).
Either way I would want the barrel short as well (20 or 22") with perhaps a RedDot mounted.

So thats what I have been playing around with for awhile. A do it all 2some.

-Aaron

Offline snakeman

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Need a project
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 04:57:53 AM »
I have a 20ga that I have been tinkering with. All I have done so far is to take the stock and forearm off and paint them with a darker green spraypaint that has a textured finish. The textured finish made it real easy to keep ahold of while duck hunting last year. Right now I am thinking of cutting the barrel down to 20" but only if It can threaded for choke tubes. I have to talk to my gunsmith about that. I am also getting ready to start one of the .410 slug gun projects I keep reading about.

snakeman