Author Topic: Depends how you define "Fast"...  (Read 438 times)

Offline SoundDude

• Trade Count: (0)
Depends how you define "Fast"...
« on: May 29, 2009, 08:01:48 AM »
I received the follwoing email from Remington this morning:

This is to provide notification that your firearm/part has been shipped.
We are committed to being the best in our industry at providing  fast,
personalized customer service -- and we hope we have exceeded your expectations.

I originally shipped the receiver to have 3 barrels fitted on August 4th, 2008.  Somehow 10 months doesn't meet my definition of fast.  Oh well, at least I'll have my gun back.  Hope the job was done right.

Offline petemi

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (73)
Re: Depends how you define "Fast"...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 08:23:43 AM »
It was nice of them to remember you after all that time. ::)

Pete
Keep both eyes open and make the first shot good.
The growing Handi/Sportster/Pardner/Topper Family:  .22 WMR, .22-250. 223, Two Superlight 7mm-08s and one .243, .30-30,  .308, 32-20, 18 inch .356/.358 Win., Two 16.5 inch .357 Max., 18 inch 38-55 BC Carbine, 16.5 inch .445 Super Mag., .45LC, 16.5 and 22 inch .45-70s, .50 Huntsman SS, .410, 20 ga., 12 ga., 20 ga. Pardner Pump, Versa-Pack .410 - .22
[size=7.4 pt]PLEASE DONATE TO THE GBO SERVER FUND  We're closer to the goal but not there yet, we can still use more donations, thanks

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,191112.msg1098959491.html#msg1098959491

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 08:25:26 AM »
Maybe it was fast after they got a barrel in stock? :-\
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline tdd4570

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 08:49:49 AM »
I put a reciever in the mail this morning.  Hope it doesn't take 10 months.

Dave

Offline SoundDude

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 09:44:19 AM »
Maybe it was fast after they got a barrel in stock? :-\

I ordered a 22/250, 22 Hornet and 204 Ruger.  Someone from Customer Service contacted me in April (almost 9 months after I sent it) to tell me they could not supply a 204 Riger barrel and would I select an alternate.  I asked if a .25-06 was in stock, they said yes, so that's what I'm getting.  Yes, after the barrel was in stock, it'll be about a month.

Offline spruce

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 11:45:14 AM »
I guess I'm old fashioned, but IMO by no stretch of imagination could that be called "service".  They should have contacted you 9 months ago and offered you options if they didn't have the ordered barrel(s) in stock.

You contracted with them in good faith and if they didn't intend, or were unable, to perform the work in a reasonable amount of time they should have been up front with you.  Sadly, this attitude companies have toward their customers seems to be much too common in our present society.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »
When you consider the fact the H&R was is the middle of moving production from Gardner MA to Ilion NY in August, it's not surprising at all.  ::) Most of the horror stories are from that period, many have since had great service, repair turn arounds in as little as 2 weeks!

Tim

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,172409.msg1098807716.html#msg1098807716

http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,170423.msg1098804871.html#msg1098804871

Bought a youth Sportster .22lr for my boy.  The trigger was 6+ pounds.  Sent the receiver back to Ilion, NY,  asked that it be brought to factory specs for poundage and smoothness.  Turnaround was 6wks and it is just right.  Remington/Marlin/H&R did it as a warranty, so no charge.  I am happy.  The boy is happy. 

I'm happy with the service I received.  I sent in my frame for a new 223 ultra fluted barrel.  At the same time, I sent in my Pardner Pump for a 18 inch barrel.  I sent them both in the same package to the Ilion address.

Ilion forwarded the pump to the Marlin factory, then Marlin shipped it home with the new barrel.

I received the pump gun just one day before the Handi.  All work was satisfactory.  I just wonder why it took the same amount of time to fit the pump barrel as it did the Handi.  It has to be easier to fit the pump barrel than a Handi barrel.

The only complaint I have is they changed the price on the pump barrel.  The H&R site still lists it at $63, but Marlin called me and told me that the new price was $89.  That's a 40% increase in price!!!  :o   Oh well...it still looks sweet and handles much better than the 28" stock one.

Oh the turn around time including transportation was 5 weeks.  Not too bad  ;D

RW
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline SoundDude

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 05:03:03 PM »
When you consider the fact the H&R was is the middle of moving production from Gardner MA to Ilion NY in August, it's not surprising at all.  ::) Most of the horror stories are from that period, many have since had great service, repair turn arounds in as little as 2 weeks!

Tim

That's been my take, Tim.  I'm just passing on my horror story mostly for entertainment purposes and crossing my fingers that I happened to draw a short straw. I've heard plenty of success stories in the same time frame.  Oh well, I've had some other toys to keep me busy in the meantime.  I have a C&R license and have been tinkering with some 1908 Brazilian mausers in 7 x 57.  A little beat up, but boy do they shoot!