Author Topic: just a minute for your opinions..  (Read 546 times)

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
just a minute for your opinions..
« on: May 29, 2009, 02:35:14 PM »
which is better one third better accuracy or one third better penetration.. both penetrate enough to take the bg dn ..with both im
 fairly accurate.. just better with the less penetrating rnd.. both expand 3 times the size an make jagged lead recovered pieces, retaining  most of the wt..i appreciate any input here as ,i ll carry one or the other..,thanks slim.. ps one other factor ..i can practice with the less penetrating rnd, not so with the +p rnd..

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
Re: just a minute for your opinions..
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 03:14:04 PM »
sr7, as you have described the two rounds,I would always go for accuracy.All other things  being equal.     just m2c    Doug
a armed man is his own master

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 04:01:30 PM »
which is better one third better accuracy or one third better penetration.. both penetrate enough to take the bg dn ..with both im
 fairly accurate.. just better with the less penetrating rnd.. both expand 3 times the size an make jagged lead recovered pieces, retaining  most of the wt..i appreciate any input here as ,i ll carry one or the other..,thanks slim.. ps one other factor ..i can practice with the less penetrating rnd, not so with the +p rnd..

You can take out a giant with a well placed pebble.  Remember the story of David and Goliath.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline slim rem 7

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 04:21:57 PM »
 thanks fellas ive gotter loaded now.. i can actually shoot a pretty fair group with this feoochi. never expected it to be nothing but a practice rnd.. but live an learn.. thanks again..slim

Offline Robert357

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 08:43:08 AM »
May I add a comment about accuracy as you have described it.

In a true life and death situation, which is just about the only type where deadly force is to be used, one's fine motor skills are just about destroyed.  While you may be able to accurately "...shoot a pretty fair group ..." that is probably not an indication of what you might be able to do in a life and death situation unless you do some fairly extreme practice.

Furthermore, most true life and death gun fights occur at fairly shot range and involve few shots, so range "group size" is even less of an issue.

Having said all of this, as long as the penetration is "reasonable" (i.e. meets say the FBI penetration test) I would opt for the more accurate round myself, but only after I was sure the penetration was "reasonable."  Since I think you have posted your penetration thoughts on this round previously (if I remember correctly), I would say you are making the right choice.

Offline slim rem 7

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 11:27:22 AM »
 absolutely right .. the most important thing is to know ones self..
in training some boys to box  my one an only thing i needed to know at first,, was how they reacted when they got tagged pretty good..
  you will learn more then an you know whether to recommend a good athlete go play some kinda ball or something..
a good example is probably that audrey murphy of ww2 fame.. i think he just held togather even under heavy fire..he was just blessed head an shoulders over most in that department..there were many others ..
 i don t make that claim for myself.. but i do know its like a drug or something ,,the feeling of intense concentration if my life is being threatened,an you are having to react.. i have been there....the feeling or clarity or whatever stayed with me thru the night an into the next day.. thats why i compared it to a drug..slim
 ps point being you hit your shot better if that happens to you in stress .. i feel like i can do anything ..just a fact no brag cause next time that might not kick in,, an you only as good as your last fight..