Author Topic: Paper Cartridges and glue.?  (Read 602 times)

Offline RebelCause

• Trade Count: (0)
Paper Cartridges and glue.?
« on: June 04, 2009, 03:24:48 AM »
Oh, man forgive me. I am loaded with questions about this new hobby of mine. So please bear with me.

I am going to be making papar cartridges for my brand spanking new 1858 New Army,.44 caliber.

I see where people are glueing the paper to the ball. It seems to me that glue would gum up the barrel and the cylinder, making it harder to keep clean.

Might it  be better to just use wax to connect the paper to the ball? Or perhaps that old fashioned animal glue, you know the stuff that used to be made from Horses Hooves?
 ???
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void." Marbury Vs.Madison.

"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." Miranda vs. Arizona.

"An unconstitutional act is not law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties; affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation, as inoperative as though it had never been passed." Norton Vs. Shelby County.

Offline blackpowderbill

• Contributor
Re: Paper Cartridges and glue.?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 04:00:04 AM »
I was shooting combustable paper cartridges this past weekend out of an 1860 colt clone. I used news print for paper and could not get any saltpetre so I did without. Still, at the range I had no trouble. The caps where planty powerfull enough to blast through the paper. The glue I used was regular craft glue I stole from my wife. It did require a bent paperclip to remove the unburnt ring of paper left in the bottom of the chambers before reloading however.
People are like slinkies, they serve no purpose yet they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 05:02:28 AM »
I've heard some people use cigarette rolling papers which are pregummed, I've never tried cartridges myself.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline Sir Charles deMoutonBlack

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 04:56:13 PM »
Here is Sgt John Chapman's post on the topic in THE OPEN RANGE

http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/index.php?topic=326.0

I use the cigarette paper method.  I recall GATOFEO as the author. Gatofeo has written a lot on the proper use of the cap'n ball revolver. IN FACT IT IS THE TOP STICKEY - above.

PS;  I was wrong, It was TIMUCHIN; On THE HIGHROAD.  You have to register & log in to see the photos

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=144094

Offline RebelCause

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 02:23:09 AM »
Here is Sgt John Chapman's post on the topic in THE OPEN RANGE

http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/index.php?topic=326.0

I use the cigarette paper method.  I recall GATOFEO as the author. Gatofeo has written a lot on the proper use of the cap'n ball revolver.

PS;  I was wrong, It was TIMUCHIN; On THE HIGHROAD.  You have to register & log in to see the photos

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=144094

Really great info. Thanks for these links.

:)
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void." Marbury Vs.Madison.

"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." Miranda vs. Arizona.

"An unconstitutional act is not law; it confers no rights; it imposes no duties; affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation, as inoperative as though it had never been passed." Norton Vs. Shelby County.