Author Topic: nikon scope?????  (Read 641 times)

Offline wildman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
nikon scope?????
« on: September 19, 2003, 01:52:33 PM »
I saw a Nikon matte finish 2-7 power riflescope in the local pawn shop today.  It does not say monarch, buckmasters or anything on it along those lines.  Did Nikon make a standard model that goes by some other model name?  It just says Nikon repeatedly around the edge of the bell.  Any idea as to what it is worth in good condition?  It also says Nikon on the center of the tube between the adjustment covers.  It appears to be just about the right size for a 308 levergun, compact and handy.
The intruder turns around slowly, sees both barrels, and hears a low-deep voice say "Son, the left one's iron and the right one's steel, if the left one don't get you, the right one will"

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
nikon scope?????
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 11:06:46 AM »
Wildman,

These are the "Pre" Monarch scopes, and I own several of them.  Although the light transmission is not as high as the 95% of the Monarchs, they are still very high (at the same level as the Leupold Vari-X IIIs).

Don't be concerned that they don't say Monarch on them, these are excellent scopes as I can personally attest.

Zachary