Author Topic: ICOMAM MAGAZINE 2  (Read 409 times)

Offline Bob Smith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
ICOMAM MAGAZINE 2
« on: June 06, 2009, 07:55:36 AM »
The second issue of our Icomam MAGAZINE is online; less of interest for the cannon enthusiast, but a couple of articles about cannons made for the Portuguese service in England and some gunners' instruments.

http://www.klm-mra.be/icomam/icomam/magazine/index.html

(and you might like to check out the latest issues of my wife's twice monthly newsletters while you are there).

Bob Smith

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Re: ICOMAM MAGAZINE 2
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 08:42:52 AM »
Bob -

THANKS for posting the link!  I'm planting the garden right now, but after dark I'll take a more thorough browse through them!

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Bob Smith

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 08:17:09 PM »
There's a higher quality edition going online later in the month if you want to print it out, but I thought you would be interested to see it just now.

Offline cannonmn

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 04:06:17 AM »
Thanks Bob, lots of great color pix and very good articles about cannons and other weapons.  I don't even think you could buy a book with such excellent photos of some of those priceless, elaborate weapons.  I've recommended that the other members of the Company of Military Historians have a look.  I'm sure you know CMH Fellow and officer Rene Chartrand, who is pictured in the second edition at a conference in Rio.  As we used to say "tough duty but someone's gotta do it."

I'm trying to ID a small bronze howitzer so I'll post a link to my video of it and ask your assistance shortly, in a new discussion.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 04:15:21 AM »
Enjoyed the e-magazine, especially your wife's article, "Abroad with the Walkers - ....."
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.