Author Topic: need some help iding my revolver  (Read 993 times)

Offline darkwoelf

• Trade Count: (0)
need some help iding my revolver
« on: June 11, 2009, 05:21:37 PM »
thank you for allowing me to join i have a revolver my father gave me some years ago as a birthday present i need to identify it and find part for it and being my first im not sure what is broken the revolver is brass frame of italian make (sorry dont have camera as of yet) on the but it has the markings pr fie italyon the frame itself it  has the lettring icam near the loading chamber on the right side(as you point it it has the markings of ac pn as and the problem is as you drw the chamber will revole although if you hold it in honor sueling position it will not any ideas what it is and what could be wrong and how to fix will post pictures for reference as soon as i can get a hold of camera

Offline Flint

Re: need some help iding my revolver
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 06:08:39 PM »
Sounds like a broken Trigger/bolt spring or Hand spring.
Flint, SASS 976, NRA Life

Offline darkwoelf

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 01:19:06 AM »
ok i have pics now but it wont let me post them so i can id and find parts any ideas?

Offline longcaribiner

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 10:25:06 AM »
F.I.E.   ?   They were a big importer back in the 1970's.Brought in guns from all over, Italy, Brazil and elsewhere.  They probably contracted the manufacture with one of the Italian companies.  The problem is that some of them have gone out of business.  I understand Pametto dissolved about 4 months ago.  I have several Palmetto pistols and two rifles.  Now even though they went out of business, sometimes the company sells its tooling and jigs to other companies and they continue production.  I have a Palmetto from years ago, that they stopped making and another company still makes the same gun, under their own name.  The new manufacturer must be using the same tooling because the parts are interchangeable.

Offline bubba15301

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 05:07:43 PM »
try v.t.i.parts they have a website
BUBBA

Offline darkwoelf

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 08:04:05 PM »
been looking around i believe its a 1858 remington remake (found on gunbroker.com look alike) unfortantely since i dont know what i could replace it with still wouldnt be able to find parts am still looking though also where would i find some decent round bullet molds? have been trying to find them for some time but cannot find them anywhere too much any more guess ill wait for the rendevouz to come around again lol

Offline bedbugbilly

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 02:31:49 AM »
Do a search on your computer for  Track Of The Wolf.  They handle all sorts of gun parts for rifle and pistol building and associated items such as reloading supplies and BULLET MOLDS - Ideal and Lyman - round ball anc cartridge.  They are nice folks to deal with.  Try copying this link and paste it into your browser for a search

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(vcw2jb55fjuwvzenturvhx55))/Index.aspx
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single one on my right hip is good enough for me.  Besides, I'm probably only half as good as he was anyway . . . . now . . . how do I load this confounded contraption?

Hiram's Rangers - Badge #63

Offline coyotejoe

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 04:27:56 AM »
"Track" is a great source for blackpowder supplies but I don't think they have revolver parts, I rely on Dixie Gun Works for revolver parts. It does sound like a broken or missing hand spring if the cylinder rotates properly when the muzzle is pointed down but fails to rotate with muzzle elevated. If it is a '58 Remington design then regardless of who made it or who imported it a hand for any '58 Remington should work. The spring itself is generally not available so you'll need to get a new hand complete with spring. It should cost about six bucks.
The story of David & Goliath only demonstrates the superiority of ballistic projectiles over hand weapons, poor old Goliath never had a chance.

Offline darkwoelf

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 04:12:10 PM »
went on to track and dixie unfortunately cannot find the specific part can someone help with a part number please

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 05:53:09 PM »
Can find all kinds of parts for the Colt designs at Dixie, but they list only the hammer spring roller as a part for the 1858 ?

Went to V.T.I. Parts, and they have parts for the Pietta 1858.  Should work on your old F.I.E., though a little fitting may be required.

http://www.vtigunparts.com/store/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=67&cat=Pietta+1858+Remington%2C+Tiro

I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline longcaribiner

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 06:53:11 AM »
there's a cap and ball revolver replica collector's site.  I found the link at the NMLRA web site amongst their list of links.  The replica collector's site may have more info.

Offline darkwoelf

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 12:54:53 AM »
longcaribiner i just went on their website and couldnt find it any  link i should look for over there?

Offline longcaribiner

• Contributor