Author Topic: PAST shoulder pad vs adding weight  (Read 453 times)

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
PAST shoulder pad vs adding weight
« on: June 15, 2009, 05:06:37 AM »
Any opinions on what works better? Have a  22"12 gauge iron sighted Tracker 1 with a Tamer stock. Very lightweight setup.Can't add weight to the Tamer but have other stocks to swap if needed. With a t shirt and slugs, recoil is bruising. A Limbsaver helps a little but does not fit right. Added a foam insert (cut up packing material) under the Limbsaver but that just makes the Limbsaver less stable. Then I tried a small PAST pad. Wow. Shoulder recoil was not a problem anymore. But now the trigger guard bruises my knuckle due to muzzle jump. Gonna order the thickest super Magnum PAST pad and a PAST glove and see how the Tamer does with no Limbsaver. Oh yeah, it shoots low with a Tamer. Work on that after taming recoil. BTW 100 packs of Federal 12 gauge birdshot at $21 are about the best boom for the buck for range blasting these days. Cheaper than factory centerfire and always in stock.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Re: PAST shoulder pad vs adding weight
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 11:55:45 AM »
I'd change that stock out. 12ga slugs from a gun that light are gonna put a thump on your shoulder no matter what you do though.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun