Author Topic: bullet technology-is it over  (Read 434 times)

Offline dinger

• Trade Count: (0)
bullet technology-is it over
« on: June 22, 2009, 03:41:37 PM »
has this idea been discussed? whats left to do?

Offline Joshua M. Smith

Re: bullet technology-is it over
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 03:55:14 PM »
I believe we'll see a larger trend away from lead, and toward homogeneous bullets, both copper, and stuff that hasn't been explored yet.  This will also allow higher velocities from rifles without the bullet coming apart. 

Josh <><

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 04:20:17 PM »
It seems everyone in the business is now making non lead bullets. I assume they are expecting what's happened in CA to spread to the rest of the country. Nosler is now even making varmint BT bullets with no lead instead they are using powdered iron as the core material.

Far from being over I think bullet technology is poised for many rapid changes in the next few years.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline skb2706

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 04:49:55 AM »
Hardly over. Somewhere somebody thought the horseless carriage would be the final development in transportation. New materials, as mentioned and exotic designs using new materials will be coming.

Offline wncchester

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 07:34:31 AM »
The premise reminds me that some time in the past, think it was supposed to have been in the late 1800s, when some one in congress suggested the gov. close the patent office.  He was sure that everything had been invented and the patent office was no longer needed.  (He may have been a Republican, Democrat polliticians don't care if a gov. program is useless!)
Common sense is an uncommon virtue