Author Topic: 12 ga. Pardner?  (Read 566 times)

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
12 ga. Pardner?
« on: June 23, 2009, 09:04:37 AM »

I see that there is a model listed as a 12 ga. Pardner that comes with a 22" Modified barrel. Does anyone know just how popular these are? I went looking in some pawn shops today and found the 28" Mod. barrels, but I'd like something shorter. I have one that I cut down but I don't want to do that again because I'd like the choke. The two I saw today were $79 and $85 in two different shops.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tuff

Offline plumberroy

• Contributor
Re: 12 ga. Pardner?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 12:51:36 PM »
I know you can get a 22" 12 ga. barrel as an accesory barrel but I have never seen a complete gun sold that way. They sell a turkey gun with a 24" barrel and screw in chokes. I have one made before they started the choke tubes and it is pretty short compare to most guns
It sets in the corner beside my bed  ;D
Every breath I take as a Free man was paid for with the blood of an American Soldier

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 01:15:16 PM »

Thanks Roy, I didn't know if I'd have to order it or if I might be able to find one off the shelf.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 04:08:35 PM »
another option would be to look for an old 12ga survivor. they came with a 22"mod choke barel.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 04:26:39 PM »
Rustyinfla,
Good luck in your search for that 22" mod barrel. Markus has a good idea on tracking down an old 12 gauge survivor.
Rusty, you would not be by chance the Rusty that on occassion would write articles for the " Varmint Hunter" magazine?
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 05:27:20 PM »

Sorry Streak, that would be another Rusty. I'll bet that would be a good gig though.

I did find a Survivor locally but 1st of all the guy wanted $149 for it, and 2nd that one had some rust issues going on with it. I couldn't figure out if it had a SS barrel or not but there was some surface rust on the inside of the bore where the bead screwed through. I asked him what was the least he'd take for it and he said the listed price, so I left it.

Offline Spanky

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (96)
  • USMC Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 06:00:26 PM »
Why don't you have your cut down barrel threaded for choke tubes?
You'll still have your short barrel and you can choke it however you want. ;)

Spanky

Offline Rustyinfla

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 06:51:03 AM »

I thought about that too, but I'm wanting to shoot slugs from it on a regular basis and I'm thinking that would require me to change the tubes a lot.

Offline Kal52

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 06:03:54 PM »
you could go with the extended choke tubes, Ive gone to them just for ease of changing them out.
It is a pain in the butt to try and remember or not lose those wrenches. I plan on cutting mine in the very near future and thats the route im going.  Plus this way you can have it threaded for whatever brand of chokes you already have, will save some cash.

good luck

Dave