Author Topic: Wallmart is blowing out the Bushnel Elite 3200's  (Read 1629 times)

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
Wallmart is blowing out the Bushnel Elite 3200's
« on: September 22, 2003, 11:59:31 AM »
Walmart is blowing out their Bushnel Elite 3200's.  Big Tom went to the local Walmart today and bought one for $120.00.  :eek:  :eek:  They said they are no longer going to carry them.  HEAD FOR WALMART!!!!!!!!

LONG
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Wallmart is blowing out the Bushnel Elite 3
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 01:39:59 PM »
I had to check it out, since that would be below my cost.  No such deal at our local Wal-Mart.   :x
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 03:14:44 PM »
:eek: Could this be a regional thing?  Individual stores dont make their own deals on what they carry do they?  All I know is that for 3 weeks they have been marked at $151.00 and my buddy Big Tom went there today and that is what the sporting goods manager told him and sold it to him for.

long

Offline wildman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 05:00:40 PM »
Same thing here...  Our local Wally World has 3 in stock for 151 each.  Salesperson said they get markdowns from central office, and have no control over when or how much of a markdown.  Did Bentonville office decide to mark down all remaining stock to 120 today?  More info please.
The intruder turns around slowly, sees both barrels, and hears a low-deep voice say "Son, the left one's iron and the right one's steel, if the left one don't get you, the right one will"

Offline Zachary

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2003, 11:13:19 AM »
I like the 4200s much better than the 3200s, but hey, for $120, the 3200s look really great.

Zachary

Offline Robert

Went to Wallmart yesterday and they had ONE left
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2003, 05:55:53 AM »
It was also marked 151 bucks, I know the manager and she said she would give me another 10% because it was the display.....136.00 bucks, not bad.  I brought it home and compared it to my best scope....like night and day.  At dusk, I can see twice as much, and it has a full 5 fingers eye relief as compared to 3 fingers on my Ultra-Mag (headbanger). So....for the time being, this scope will go on the 30-06 for deer season, and then buck walk right up to me at dusk last year with my 30-06 and I couldn't see it at 40 yds with my scope.  That will not happen this year.
....make it count

Offline pebj

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2003, 09:00:43 AM »
does walmart have an onlineshop? I thougt I could order one...elite that is

Offline Robert

P.S. LongWinters, Thank You for the tip.
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2003, 10:00:57 AM »
I would never have thought to look at Wallmart for this scope.  Apparently they have an exclusive deal now with Leopold for top end scopes.  That is why the Bushnells are getting the axe.   There sure isnt anything wrong with them......Yeehaw...
....make it count

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2003, 10:26:02 AM »
The leopolds that I have seen in Walmart are ones I have never heard of before.  But sounds good that the better ones are on the way. :-)

long

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2003, 12:07:36 PM »
According to Leupold, WalMart is only going to carry the Rifleman model.  This is the new model that Leupold came out with specially for WalMart.  The Rifleman is the old Vari-X II with just a different name on it.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline Zachary

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2003, 04:54:45 AM »
Walmart or no Walmart, I think that the Elite 3200 is a much better scope than the older Vari-X II / newer Rifleman.  I could care less what Walmart stocks as long as its higher end optics.

Zachary

Offline jhm

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2003, 11:36:06 AM »
gentlemen :  The leopold vx-!! has searved many a hunter for several years and was a fine scope, and I say that if the quality is the same what difference does the name change on the model have anything to do with it if its a good quality product at a fair price, go for it. :D    JIM

Offline Robert

They WERE a fair price, but the Elite was better.......
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2003, 05:12:44 PM »
I'll take either one, they are both excellent.  The Wallmart here had about 4 different Leopoulds.  One was a nice little compact 2-7 or something like that...I thought at first that it was a pistol scope, it was about 179.00.
....make it count

Offline redial

• Contributor
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2003, 06:55:02 PM »
Something's afoot with the 3200s! I just bought a 3x9 at the local warehouse store (not WallyWorld) for $130 and they had four more parked on the glass counter. Hmmm.

BTW, has anyone received their raingear yet?

Redial

Offline wildman

• Avid Poster
BUSHNELL ELITE FREE ------ WELL ALMOST!!
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2003, 11:05:08 AM »
HEAD TO WALLY WORLD ----- NOW!!  I just snatched the last Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 matte for -----  get this ------ $80.  I'm serious!  I called the local Wal-Mart about 2 weeks ago, and the salesperson said that they had 2 left for $151 each.  I decided to wait it out a few days and see if it would drop in price again.  It did, wow what a reduction!  I'm not sure if this is a home office markdown, or a local store markdown, but either way it was most excellent.  I've been a long time Leupold person, but for that price, I would have bought all they had, which I did with it being the last one.  I was really amazed at the quality construction and clarity of the scope.  It was new in the box with all paperwork.  You need to call and see if your walmart has any left.  It wasn't on display, but was locked in the storage box under the glass display counter.  I guarantee if it had been on display, some other lucky person would most likely have it right now.  When I was looking at it, there were two other hunters looking over my shoulder (pretty sure they were hoping I would put it down).  I guess today was my lucky day!  Hope some of you can get the same deal at your local store. :grin:
The intruder turns around slowly, sees both barrels, and hears a low-deep voice say "Son, the left one's iron and the right one's steel, if the left one don't get you, the right one will"

Offline Zachary

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2003, 02:24:34 PM »
$80???? :eek:   That's the price of a dinner for two in Miami.  For that price, I'd skip dinner an get an Elite 3200 ANY DAY! :)

Zachary