Author Topic: Nevada Will No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Right-to-Carry Permits  (Read 1106 times)

Offline poppie

• Trade Count: (0)
 http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=5001 ,-----------------------------------------------------,Nevada Will No Longer Recognize Utah and Florida Right-to-Carry Permits 

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Effective, July 1, Nevada will no longer recognize Right-to-Carry permits from Utah or Florida.  They have, however, added Ohio and West Virginia as recognized states. 

Each May, the Nevada Department of Public Safety conducts an audit of states and their Right-to-Carry laws for the purpose of determining which states it will recognize. 

The Nevada DPS dropped Utah because it does not have a live fire requirement, which is a part of Nevada's training requirements.  When the Nevada DPS first began its state by state audit of Right-to-Carry laws in 2007, DPS admitted to NRA representatives that they overlooked the live fire training requirement.(This one I can understand,you would not believe--------------)   After further review, they determined that Utah wasn't similar enough to keep it on the list of recognized states. 

Florida will no longer be recognized because its permits are now valid for "seven years" instead of "five".(wow,that's a real great reason to drop Florida) What's the length of time have to do with anything,  Bunch of JERK'S

The Nevada DPS and the Nevada Sheriffs and Chiefs will be hosting their annual Right-to-Carry forum in Carson City in August with a teleconference feed to Las Vegas.  We encourage all members to attend this informational meeting.  Details will be forthcoming. 

Please continue checking your email and www.NRAILA.org for updates.

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
I hope other states don't follow. I just got all my paperwork together to send in for the Utah permit. >:(
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline S.S.

I would assume that Utah and Florida no longer accept Nevada's either under the
reciprical agreements?
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline Mohawk

Sounds kind of backwards for an open-carry, visible of three sides, state. But that is state's rights. When I worked in Nevada we had a convicted felon purchase several firearms. Was it legal? Of course it was, because the governor said she could! A pardon!!! NICS even called us back to proceed. Could she have bought one in Texas? NO!!! Unless the board of Pardons and Paroles recommended it to the governor since both they and the governor have to agree. But, go figure.

Offline helotaxi

• Contributor
I'll have to go on the assumption that FL will no longer honor my Nevada permit and stop carrying here on vacation until I can confirm otherwise.  Gonna go ahead and submit my FL permit while I'm here.  Paperwork is still ready to go for Utah as soon as I get home.

Offline GH1

• A Real Regular
Well, hopefully the nation concealed carry bill will pass and eliminate all this.
GH1 :)
I owe my life to an organ donor

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
Surprisingly GOA (I'm pretty sure it was them) is not in favor of a national carry law. They don't want the feds in charge of any nationwide gun laws.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline EdK

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Surprisingly GOA (I'm pretty sure it was them) is not in favor of a national carry law. They don't want the feds in charge of any nationwide gun laws.

I can see why. Since the constitution states the right to bear arms shall not be infringed, why would one need to get a federal permit?

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter

I can see why. Since the constitution states the right to bear arms shall not be infringed, why would one need to get a federal permit?

To normal thinking people that is obvious, unfortunately it seems we are a dying breed.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline GH1

• A Real Regular
The way I understood this bill (H.R. 197) , it was meant to give authorization for a permit holder to carry in any state that issues carry permits, in accordance with that state's laws.  As of 02/09/09 it was referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security where it remains.
GH1 :)
I owe my life to an organ donor

Offline williamlayton

Now, don't get me wrong, I am very much a law abiding guy----That said I don't give a hang about these laws. I carried before and carried in states that don't allow----and, well, I will again.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline poppie

I'll have to go on the assumption that FL will no longer honor my Nevada permit and stop carrying here on vacation until I can confirm otherwise.  Gonna go ahead and submit my FL permit while I'm here.  Paperwork is still ready to go for Utah as soon as I get home.
----------------Go here, http://www.handgunlaw.us/ ,click on any state in question.

Offline The Pistoleer

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
Now, don't get me wrong, I am very much a law abiding guy----That said I don't give a hang about these laws. I carried before and carried in states that don't allow----and, well, I will again.
Blessings

I'm with you.  I live in Wisconsin, one of 2 states that has no CW.  I carry anyway.  Since I have to be more careful that my gun isn't seen sometimes I am limited to a derringer :-[ but I always have something better in my vehicle.  Mostly I have my S&W 638 in my pocket or fanny pack but there are times even that is too large. :(

Pete
Pete

NRA Endowment Life

Be Safe,Have fun

Offline helotaxi

• Contributor
----------------Go here, http://www.handgunlaw.us/ ,click on any state in question.
Good link and good assumption on my part.  As of the 1 July update, Florida no longer recognizes a Nevada permit.  I'm all for State's rights but this was a pretty stupid and petty move on the part of NV.  Need to submit my FL paperwork.