Author Topic: north carolina concealed carry permit  (Read 668 times)

Offline j104wd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
north carolina concealed carry permit
« on: July 01, 2009, 01:59:37 PM »
Went to renew my permit,( first time since I moved here they are good for five years) I went 30 days prior to my permit expiriring only to find out it may take 3 months for them to issue me another one. Then today I got an email from the nra about a state bill to honor your expired permit untill the new one arrives as long as you have applied for renewal in time. Too bad they didnt pass the bill today they sent it back for another review. Hope this reminder helps a fellow NC resident out.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: north carolina concealed carry permit
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 05:05:49 PM »
Three months!  :o  Didn't take that long to get the original.  That's good to know.  Thanks.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 05:29:56 AM »
Since the election most states have been inundated with new CCW permit applications. This has caused a backlog, and may take a while to resolve.  I recommend you start your renewal process 90-120 days prior to expiration date to be on the safe side.

This is especially true for all my Texas neighbors………..that is speaking from experience! :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 05:34:32 AM »
Renewals in Alabama take less than five minutes. Normally me and the wife renew at the same time and unless we have to wait for someone to get to us which is rare they process us both in about five minutes total.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline spinafish

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 06:12:09 AM »
yet another great benefit to living in BAMA..wish I could get back!  My burial plot is in Alabama..so at least sooner or later, I will be IN Alabama. ;)
the most heartwreching words any man will ever hear
"depart from me, I never knew you"  Jesus
We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade the presence of God. The world is crowded with Him. He walks everywhere incognito.” C.S. Lewis

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 02:23:03 PM »
Texas required a refresher class and another range session, then you have to get new "passport photos", fingerprints and send the package in for processing.  The first time it took about 25-30 days, this recent renewal took about 4 months.