Author Topic: Remington slugger's in my 20ga. USH - Shoot great!  (Read 492 times)

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Remington slugger's in my 20ga. USH - Shoot great!
« on: July 02, 2009, 10:13:50 AM »
 Shot the old standby 23/4" Remington's outa my USH, and guess what? These old timey foster type slugs shoot pretty doggone good! I guess these slugs being  lead an fittin snug in the bore makes a difference? Anyway, works for me! I plan on gettin to the range this weekend and doin some more intensive shooting. If you like to hear about it, I'll let you all know what happens. Have a great 4th! scout4<><

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Remington slugger's in my 20ga. USH - Shoot great!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 10:44:30 AM »
That's great to hear scout4, just be aware that they have been reported to lead up thr barrel and that will cause accuracy to suffer at some point. You than have to clean the lead out and everything will return to normal....Happy July 4th..,..<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline JamesIII

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 01:31:05 AM »
That is what I shoot through my Tracker II barrel. The sluggers are plenty accurate out to their usefull range of 50-75 yds. MSP is correct, you will have to clean the lead out after shooting at the range. In a hunting situation you will not put enough rounds through it to be an accuracy problem. A WHOLE lot cheaper than sabots!! JamesIII

Offline scout4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 02:23:29 AM »
JamesIII what do you use to clean out the lead? I've been using a bore brush and lamp oil with a bunch of cleanin patches after that. scout4<><