Author Topic: Don't try this at home, Part 2  (Read 916 times)

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
Don't try this at home, Part 2
« on: July 07, 2009, 07:58:37 PM »
Idiots like this will cause bad laws to be passed and over-regulate the rest of us.
Another Darwin Award winner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Og3T-EHTY&feature=related
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Don't try this at home, Part 2
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 09:18:25 PM »
Natural selection in action.  Hopefully that fool won't be able to reproduce.  Nah, we won't be that lucky.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline subdjoe

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 10:06:19 AM »
What is that saying?  "You can't fix stupid."  yeah, something like that.  There were several other vids of idjits doing the same stupid thing. 
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline ShadowMover

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 03:33:26 PM »
Evolution is a theory that says stupid fixes itself, given enough time  :-)  Evolution works whether you believe in it or not. He might have qualified himself for a Darwin Award without actually killing himself. Maybe he will be able to sing in the choir a lot longer than he planned to. Live and learn.

Really though, how many of us can't say "There but for the grace of God, go I"?

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 10:43:08 PM »
Evolution is a theory that says stupid fixes itself, given enough time  :-)  Evolution works whether you believe in it or not.

How much more time does the duck billed platypus need?  ;)
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Johnaf16

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 12:38:03 AM »
Just think, this individual will be able to vote.

Offline ShadowMover

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 04:06:22 PM »
Evolution is a theory that says stupid fixes itself, given enough time  :-)  Evolution works whether you believe in it or not.

Apparently none, as they seem to have matched their environmental situation and are doing quite well. Maybe the ones left are learning to stay out of polluted water. Fossils of them have been found that date back 100,000 years.  ;D

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 10:33:59 PM »

I just hope that squirrels don't evolve much more smarts during my lifetime. They've provided endless hours of mindless entertainment as long as I can remember...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Ya6z-NlDo&feature=related

My next project might be a squirrel cannon.
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline Terry C.

• I see what you did there...
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2009, 05:40:48 AM »
Hard to tell in the crappy video, but I believe that is a fireworks mortar (cardboard tube, plastic base).

Not something that would be in the same class as a replica black powder cannon or mortar.

Of course that won't matter to the outraged 'public servant' that calls for a ban.

"It's for the children..."

Offline Ex 49'er

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 07:52:07 AM »
Of course that won't matter to the outraged 'public servant' that calls for a ban.
"It's for the children..."   

The public servant that could call for a ban would likely think that," If you've seen one mortar, you've seen 'em all"!
When you're walking on eggs; don't hop!!

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2009, 03:12:50 PM »

I just hope that squirrels don't evolve much more smarts during my lifetime. They've provided endless hours of mindless entertainment as long as I can remember...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Ya6z-NlDo&feature=related

My next project might be a squirrel cannon.

i ve spent hours on end getting them to eat from my hands ......as i like them ....and they have given me mindless hours of fun watching them be ...squirrely ... ;D

honestly if i found a kid doing this i would ....bust him BIG TIME ....as in all realiity that creature is exactly like you and me ....it is doing the best it can with what it has to work with to get by , there is no malice .

dont like them ...fine ,then kill them with a pellet rifle or .22 ....
but splattering them on trees for shi%s and grins >:( >:(......not so much .... >:(

i suppose if one can manage to wound the mom to where her bones are broken she wont be able to raise her babies ...you might get some for free .....?

Vic3 i mean nothing personal and i'm sure you don't mean it just kidding around ....but injuring wild animals for fun ????

those lives are painfull and tough enough without some dillweed trying to add more ....for a grin ... :o

BELIEVE ME when i say ////i've done my share and then some .............and i regret 90% of it .......but then i'm just a leaf eater now ....so there is that .

JMHO and i could be wrong ,....but i'm not , no i'm not  ;D  ;D     ok i'm off my soapbox ......make the thing umoungus and shoot your kids off a pier into the water ....that would be a hoot .

kids into the trees ......that might raise an eyebrow .

rocklockI

"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2009, 06:46:53 PM »
 Rocklock1,

Let me clear the air (of squirrels) :)

I assure you I would never actually build a squirrel-caliber gun. I have done some squirrel fishing though; a peanut in the shell tied to the end of a line. If you ever want some cheap entertainment, I highly recommend it. Suckers will often just not let go until they get it loose. No squirrel damage, and they get a free meal after a little tug - o'- war  ;D
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline RocklockI

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Morko and Me
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2009, 07:23:59 PM »
i can see myself next winter ...'fishing for squirrels'   for sure  ;D. it will give us both something to do ....

peanuts tied to a string ... ;D do you fish them like crappy with little jigs that twitch or troll them deep with long steady pulls .....

as these are local squirrels i should proly observe them myself  ;D.....their habbits , their ways  ,their yin their yang , what makes them tick ....what makes them strike ! not 'if' they are hungry and just passing by . fly fishing style ....

fly fishing for squirrels ...... it could work ..on Sat. morning fishin shows ....I think my old 3 wieght winston
might just be the ticket .  ;D

slimy subreptiean creatures be damned ...i'm movin on up to the the warm fuzzys .  god forbid i ever land one ! :D
"I've seen too much not to stay in touch , With a world full of love and luck, I got a big suspicion 'bout ammunition I never forget to duck" J.B.

Offline carronader

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • What? me worry.
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 02:20:50 AM »
Seagull fishing,so greedy they swallow lump of bread straight down,no hook,just chunk of crust tied on.Before we got banned us kids used to drop them from back of the ferry on the River Clyde .......fly those babies like kites.surprisingly strong........seagulls.
Scottish by birth and by heart.

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • "HALLOWED GROUND" by RRC
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 03:27:49 AM »
I guess that comes from eating haggis :-\

rc
Protect Freedom of Speech; to identify IDIOTS!

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 05:01:42 AM »
cannons and mortars....

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • "HALLOWED GROUND" by RRC
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 05:36:02 AM »
Double D:  I and my cannon were once very involved with the Scottish community.  For years, they wanted me to launch a haggis but I argued that it would be tantamount to environmental polution ::)  Thinking back on it now; a "Catch" event with a frozen haggis lobbed from a grenade mortar would have been a hoot-mon!

rc F.S.A. scot.
Protect Freedom of Speech; to identify IDIOTS!

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 06:03:19 AM »
Very good, Richard right back on topic...visions of flying haggis, hum I wonder why I  haven't pursued my heritige more?

Offline carronader

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • What? me worry.
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 10:29:16 AM »
that Victor3 started it DD,he's a bad influence. not my fault I got same sense of humour,hope that doesn't mean I'm a bad boy too ::) bigger basket could get an englishman in there.   ya see !!!!!!!!!  he's doing it again.  sic him DD.
Scottish by birth and by heart.