Author Topic: sidekick bullets  (Read 681 times)

Offline sbuff

• Trade Count: (0)
sidekick bullets
« on: July 08, 2009, 03:48:47 AM »
After talking to Busta and hearing some horror stories about power belts.I was just wondering what everyone is using in there Sidekick or Heritage ML's for deer..I have been using 295gr PB with two T777 pellets and have had luck with this combo the past three years...Any thoughts???

Thanks,
Steve......

Offline whitetailmaniac

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Avid Poster
  • Chris, Texas
Re: sidekick bullets
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 12:58:17 PM »
After reading all of Busta's posts I am going to shoot the no excuse. I will probably use 777 since Bh 209 is not available in texas and i dont want to pay the hazmat fee.

Chris

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 02:00:47 PM »
I personally have a 24 inch sidekick and huntsman both.  I shoot 85 grains of loose triple 7 3f.  I mold a 250 grain round nose .429 diameter lead bullet. I shoot it in a harvestor green crush rib sabot.  I also use the metrics unlimited breech plug and the precision bullets 25 acp plug.  I prefer the metrics plug.  Both shoot equally well and are deadly on white tail with this load.  I have tried ssts sockwaves, which by the way are the exact same bullet.  They shot well, but I did not like the performance as compared to lead.  I also like the fact that these are much cheaper as like I said I mold my own and just have to buy the sabots. 
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 02:05:01 PM »
whitetailmaniac,

You won't be sorry you made that choice, No Excuses are an excellent bullet. What rifle will you be shooting them out of? The .503" 460 grain bullet shoots very well in all my .50 cal rifles, and it is Colorado legal at .970" long. Put about 80 to 90 grains of 777 behind it, and it will cleanly take Elk sized game no problem. Some rifles will even shoot 100 to 110 grains well, so see what it likes.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline whitetailmaniac

• Avid Poster
  • Chris, Texas
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 02:45:49 PM »
I will be shooting them out of a sidekick. Hopefully I will get a chance to try them out on an elk in october during my colorado hunting trip. I plan on starting out with 80 gr of 777 but may talk myself into paying the hazmat fee and ordering bh 209. Thanks for all the help Busta Ive learned alot reading you posts.

Chris

Offline sbuff

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 12:05:55 PM »
Well it doesn't look like there are to many power belt fans out there.Thanks for all the inputs guys.Good luck with the no excuses.......

Thanks,
Steve.

Offline coop2564

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 04:47:22 AM »
whitetailmaniac BH 209 is at many stores in Texas. BP has it, along with many others. I went to a local gun store and asked if he would order it and he did and is stocking it now. Its worth every penny!  ;)
Browning Illusion Bow
Omega Thumbhole .50_NEF Huntsman .50
Knight KP1 .243_Custom Rem 700 .308_Browning Safari Bar .300 WSM, Ruger No.1 30-06
Taurus .41 rem mag Raging Bull_S&W M&P 40C_Browning BuckMark .22_Savage 93R .17HMR

Offline whitetailmaniac

• Avid Poster
  • Chris, Texas
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 08:25:51 AM »
coop thanks for the info. I just called bass pro and they want $40 a can. I looked at midway and if I order 3 cans at $31 it would only be a few dollars more after hazmat and shipping. and I would not have to drive to katy.

Chris