Author Topic: Winchester Xpeditor Ultra High Velocity 22Lr Ammo  (Read 1579 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Winchester Xpeditor Ultra High Velocity 22Lr Ammo
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 10:27:19 AM »
Tim, that sounds good, would like to try them.  Problem now is that .22RF is sort of in short supply right now.  Wal Mart, the only store getting ammo regularly here is limiting two 100 round boxes, or four 50 round boxes, per person.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline wreckhog

• Trade Count: (55)
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 03:09:18 PM »
Funny story. My Walmart has no limits anymore (they did for a few weeks). And always seems to have bricks of cheap bulk in stock (either Winchester Xpert HV or Federal 550, but never both at once). It lasts about a week and they generally get something in every 1-2 weeks. Yes, I spend way too much time there. Price is a litle less than $14. They have plenty of other rimfire ammo. The store that does my FFL transfers obviously buys and resells the same ammo. They get a regular clientele that just likes to hang out and spend money there. They mark the bricks up to $28 for Fed and $33 for Win. And they limit purchases to 2 boxes of anything. Which has a certain effect, because I see plenty of folks buying their 2 bricks at those prices and leaving happy. I stopped buying buk HV anyway. Decided that I like SV better.

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: Winchester Xpediter Ultra High Velocity 22Lr Ammo
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 04:06:13 PM »
Am I experiencing deja vu??  I could have sworn I have used Xpediter ammo years ago.....

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 05:10:43 PM »
Ultra High Velocity??

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 05:48:52 AM »
I dont remember ULTRA, but Xpiditor to be sure. They where Winchesters answer to CCI's "stinger". 

I will have to look and see if I have any boxes left in the cabinet....

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline greg916

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • was mich nicht tötet, bildet mich stärker
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 04:04:54 PM »

used Winchester Xpiditors years ago. I preferred them to Stingers, but they were discontinued. Would be nice if they are bringing them back.
OSTENDO NON OSTENDO

Offline greg916

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • was mich nicht tötet, bildet mich stärker
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 04:26:11 PM »
Just looked at an old box. It says Xtra velocity instead of Ultra velocity. Also used a 29 gr bullet.  Looks like the same name,diffrent cartridge.
OSTENDO NON OSTENDO

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 01:29:23 PM »
Thanks guys, glad to hear I've not completely lost it... ::) ;D

CW

NRA LIFE Member