Author Topic: British Grenade Mortar  (Read 387 times)

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • "HALLOWED GROUND" by RRC
British Grenade Mortar
« on: July 13, 2009, 05:22:06 AM »
Here is an image that Paul, the "Colonial Artillery" lecturer just sent me because the fire&smoke I tried was a bummer. I'd have to be heavily medicated to get a good image. This should have been with the post: Hurley, N.Y., Stone House Tour but I didn't want it over-looked, so I have seperated it.

BoomJ; if you want to see the colonial setting where this was, just google: Stone House Tour, Hurley, N.Y. .  This/my area is a hot-bed for historical on site Colonial activity; including Seven Years War and the War of Independance.  Unfortunately, it seems that the historical artillery pieces were pretty-much swallowed up by WWII scrap drives.  We are "Yorkers" by nature and tradition; patriotic Yankees.  rc

Protect Freedom of Speech; to identify IDIOTS!

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: British Grenade Mortar
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 05:34:17 AM »
Thats a pretty neat picture Richard!!!

Offline thelionspaw

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • "HALLOWED GROUND" by RRC
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 05:43:42 AM »
Yes it is a dramatic image!  He launches rolled-up wet socks and lost 3 that day. Notice he has to wear his trousers long to cover-up? 8)  He's a wealth of knowledge.

Richard
Protect Freedom of Speech; to identify IDIOTS!

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 12:57:38 PM »
Thanks Rich; I took your advice to do a search for "Stone House Tour," and found an interesting site.

RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.